Medtech’s primary source for industry-leading detection and analysis solutions
JADAK, a Novanta Company, provides machine vision, RFID, barcode scanning, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). We design and manufacture embedded detection and analysis solutions to help customers solve unique inspection, tracking, scanning, and documenting challenges in the healthcare market. Since 2000, JADAK has been a tier one supplier to healthcare market with a majority of business coming from medical device manufacturers. We are a top ten global manufacturer and supplier of data collection products.
As JADAK continues to grow, the company has branched out into additional markets, with products and solutions in the security, gaming, enterprise tablet (scanning accessories), and customer engagement (kiosk) industries.
JADAK has headquarters and manufacturing in Syracuse NY, with other sales and technical locations in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Novanta Inc. is a leading global supplier of core technology solutions that give advanced industrial and healthcare OEMs a competitive advantage.
Check out JADAK’s brochure.
- JADAK is started.
- JADAK starts to grow – adding engineering staff, capabilities and services.
- JADAK manufactures its first product for an OEM customer: A barcode scanner for a medical device
- JADAK obtains ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- JADAK releases its second product for an OEM customer: A backwards compatible barcode processing board to replace a customers end-of-life product
- JADAK releases the FM-204 product line – a series of compact fixed mount 2D barcode scanners.
- JADAK is the first to design and implement embedded machine vision products into clinical analyzers and other medical equipment
- JADAK implements full scale ERP / MRP / CRM operations package.
- JADAK builds a new facility to support increasing staff and growing demand for manufacturing services.
- JADAK releases the FM-2350 product line – a series of right angle fixed mount 2D barcode scanners.
- Furthering its commitment to the Quality and the Healthcare Market, JADAK releases the flexpoint™ HS-1, a medical grade barcode scanner. The HS-1 represents the industry’s first barcode scanner specifically designed from the ground up for the healthcare market.
- JADAK releases the RFID-1, a board level HF RFID Engine designed for integration into OEM devices.
- JADAK opens a European office in the Netherlands.
- JADAK releases the flexpoint™ HS-2, a Bluetooth version of the HS-1 medical grade barcode scanner.
- JADAK releases the SC-6 Fixed Mount Smart Camera. In addition to reading 1D and 2D barcodes, the SC-6 is designed to perform machine vision and image analysis functions.
- JADAK releases the FM-5 Fixed mount barcode scanner. The FM-5 reads 1D and 2D barcodes and is capable of capturing color images. The FM-5V is designed to perform machine vision and image analysis functions.
- To further enhance its manufacturing capabilities and growing staff, JADAK announces building expansion plans to triple its square footage.
- JADAK announces a partnership with Zortag to provide anti-counterfeiting solutions, allowing authentication of products at any time and from anywhere.
- JADAK is acquired by the Novanta (NASDAQ: NOVT).
- JADAK adds a 40,000 square-foot expansion to its headquarters in North Syracuse, NY.
- JADAK releases the FM-7 Fixed Mount area imager. The FM-7 is a megapixel camera-based product that works with Clarity – JADAK’s simple yet powerful machine vision software package.
- JADAK joins forces with Novanta sister company General Scanning Printer Technologies. JADAK now offers a full-line of thermal printers and class-leading chart recorder solutions to global OEM manufacturing customers.
- JADAK opens an office in Suzhou, China to serve existing and prospective customers in the Asia-Pacific region.
- JADAK acquires SkyeTek, a Denver, CO based provider of embedded and standalone UHF RFID solutions for OEM suppliers. JADAK’s RFID engineering capabilities, technologies and services is further expanded.
- JADAK joins forces with Novanta sister company Photo Research. Photo Research (PR), a leader in world-class light and color measurement solutions, relocates its production, service, calibration and customer service operations to Syracuse, NY. JADAK now expands its offerings to include products that measure luminance and color.
- JADAK acquires ThingMagic (formerly a Division of Trimble). ThingMagic, based in Woburn, Massachusetts, provides Ultra High Frequency (UHF) RFID Reader Modules and Finished RFID Solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for a wide range of applications, including in the medical, retail, logistics, and airline industries.