Assembly Technician for PRI Operations
POSITION OVERVIEW: Photo Research is a world leader and innovator in high precision scientific grade electro-optical instrumentation and systems providing a comprehensive range of products and services to improve precision and quality. The Assembly Technician is responsible for the manufacture of PRI instruments. This activity includes assembly and test of production build.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assemble varied electronic products, consistently meeting quality standards.
- Perform in-process and final assembly inspections and report potential defects to shift leader or manager.
- Foster a high-performing team environment through daily communication with supervisor and colleagues in all manufacturing areas.
- Work with manufacturing team to meet production schedules, including overtime as required by production needs.
- Provide regular feedback to management regarding potential product and assembly process improvements.
- Comply with all company policies and programs, to include those regarding ethics, conduct, safety, security, ISO, and continuous improvement.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: Assembly, electronics, work standards, electronics calibration, quality control.
Skills: Retained skills associated with assembly, test and calibration of complex opto-electronic products. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, to include assembly instruction, is critical to success in the role. Ability to communicate verbally with team and management required. Strong attention to detail required. Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment required. Basic computer skills required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: State the minimum education, knowledge and/or work experience required to effectively perform the job.
Education: High school degree or equivalent required. Associates degree is preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience required, 3+ years preferred.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position will report to the Operations Manager.
AUTHORITIES/DECISIONS MADE AS PART OF REGULAR DUTIES: This position will be responsible for the quality manufacture of opto-electronic products.
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: Regularly lift 30-50 pounds & perform repetitive tasks. Regularly possess manual dexterity to handle electronic components and assemblies.