Applications Engineer – China
JADAK is looking for individuals with an electrical, computer or software engineering background to work in China as an Applications Engineer.
This position presents qualified candidates with the opportunity to directly affect JADAK revenues by managing customers and communicating their needs to the internal technical teams. A strong mix of technical, communication and business skills is needed.
In this position, you will report to the General Manager Asia Pacific and will partner with the Sales Executive to locate potential customers for JADAK products, identify a technical solution to meet the customer’s needs, and develop a strategy and proposal to win the business. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for JADAK products. After the sale, you will provide technical support to your customers as they design JADAK into their applications.
The Applications Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Since frequent communication to JADAK offices in the United States and Europe is required, this candidate will possess excellent verbal and written English language skills in addition to Chinese.
As an Applications Engineer you must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. You will work as the bridge between our customers, our sales executives, and our internal engineering team. This role is an opportunity for an engineering professional to provide a broader business impact while still utilizing their technical skill set.
The candidate will be expected to become familiar with JADAK offerings and capabilities, participate in team discussions, and clearly communicate requirements to the development team. The candidate will also help in prototyping new applications or products, determining system costs, and perform or direct tests and validations. The position requires active participation on a variety of projects, the ability to multitask between multiple projects, solid customer communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment. The individual must also be very methodical and detail oriented to be successful.
This candidate must be prepared for extensive travel.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Providing customer technical support on-site and in the office
- Creating White Papers, Manuals and Technical documents as required
- Partnering with sales teams in the US and EMEA based to develop product cost and engineering effort estimates for customer proposals
- This includes providing the customer system design ideas to solve their application
- Identifying creative solutions to customer’s needs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Engaging with senior management to identify product and sales strategies to win new projects
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Requirements Gathering for each customer project.
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical sales and knowledge of technology. Candidate must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. The ideal candidate will be organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
Note: Applications Engineer experience often has other titles including Sales Engineer, Field Consultant, Pre-sales support, and Area Support Engineer.
- Possess an electrical, computer or software engineering degree
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
- 2 to 5 years of relevant technical and customer experience
- Chinese and English language skills
- Familiarity with engineering and operations a plus:
- Familiarity with BOM structures
- ECO Procedures
- Other engineering standards a plus
- Candidates must demonstrate:
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent initiative and motivation
- Good communication skills
- Good customer skills
- Strong persuasion skills
- Strong customer service mentality
Please send all employment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.