Computer Vision Engineer
Job Title: Computer Vision Engineer
Reports To: Senior Software Architect
Location: N. Syracuse, NY
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
As a Computer Vision Engineer at JADAK, you will work with a team of Computer Vision Engineers on innovative solutions for product specific requirements, customer specific applications and advanced technology initiatives. This is an exceptional opportunity to be mentored by a highly skilled Principal CV Engineer, to study and to grow your expertise. You will also work in collaboration with a team of engineers to design creative solutions that will support real customer projects as well as advancing our technology and capabilities.
- Understand project requirements and research solutions
- Collaborate with engineering team and others to understand customer specifications and requirements
- Work in collaboration with team to design solutions, develop algorithms and write code
- Present ideas and internal and external customers
- Support team through implementation and validation
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
The desired candidate will have a PhD with 0-3 years’ experience, or a Masters level degree with 6+ years’ experience. Experience should include object identification, position detection, completeness checking, shape and dimensional inspection, surface inspection and pattern matching. In addition, experience with the following are strongly desired:
- C, C++ (Visual Studio)
- Mat lab or other analysis tools
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- Embedded SW design with respect to resource limitations and timing constraints
- Experience with and the ability to write and present white papers to explain technical solutions
The position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Strong communication skills to be able to collaborate with other engineers and present solutions clearly.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals required.
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.