Materials Handler Position Overview
Responsible for material handling, cycle counting, and data entry. Maintain, secure, and monitor all off site locations. Serve as a back-up for shipping, receiving, and work order picking. Continually monitor the warehousing and storage of raw components and finished products. Perform all ancillary roles of the materials department as required.
- Handling of all materials as necessary
- Package and label Finished Goods for shipping as required.
- Count and put away receiving as necessary.
- Cycle Count a list of parts provided by Materials Manager on a daily or weekly basis.
- Ensure that both the onsite and offsite storage areas are being properly utilized and in alpha-numeric order.
- Monitor the loading dock area and transport items to the recycler and offsite storage locations when necessary.
- Help pick work orders.
- Act as a back-up for all roles in the materials group (shipping, receiving, etc).
- Check-in daily with the other stakeholders in the materials group to determine if assistance is needed in their area.
- Track daily surprise shortages.
- Perform other materials tasks as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent required
- 2-5 years of material handler or warehouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Email, Microsoft Word, Intuitive, Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Active and professional communication with team and internal customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability and desire to learn a variety of tasks and new skills
- Exude a sense of urgency and “fire in the belly”.
- Exemplify JADAK’s core values (customer service, teamwork, integrity, visionary, and quality)
- Surface problems as they arise to display an opportunity for growth and improvement, not a negative reflection.