Software Engineer – Manufacturing
– Software Engineer with experience in Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Software CM processes and procedures.
– Experience with design reviews, verification, traceability and unit testing.
– Leadership potential in a rapidly growing organization.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide design for test feedback to engineering, assist in the design and implementation of functional tests, implement function test per product requirements documentation.
- Work with Product Support group to support troubleshooting of production test failures.
- Support continual improvement of production yields through resolution of computer and functional test issues.
- Develop semi-automated functional tests to error proof functional test and minimize labor costs on new and currently shipping products.
- Work with management to develop applications to automate work flows and streamline business processes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Have an understanding of hardware and software engineering and possess the ability and interest to learn the data collections & bar code business
– Solid technical knowledge of multiple programming languages (ex. C/C++, C#).
– Ability to verbally communicate with supervisor and fellow employees. Able to communicate with internal engineering staff and external suppliers
– Able to assist in a team based environment beyond writing software. This includes helping to shape and improve development process
– Ability to create documentation for both internal use and to be sent to the customer
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
– Must be able to function well in a team or group environment
– Must be a self starter
– Must be organized
– Attention to detail
Education: B. S. in Software Engineering or Computer Science
Experience: 1 – 4 years
– Reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager
AUTHORITIES/DECISIONS MADE AS PART OF REGULAR DUTIES:
– Determine priorities and schedule for assigned projects and tasks.
– Determine proper testing on all SW.
– Ensure best practices and processes are followed.
Please send all employment inquiries to email@example.com.