Software Engineer – Denver, CO
Job Title: Software Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Location: Denver, Colorado
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
JADAK is looking for a Software Engineer to help to create RFID solutions for the world’s largest healthcare companies. This person will work cross-functionally with program management, systems hardware and test engineering, and our customers to develop embedded code, providing RFID solutions for laboratory medical equipment. Hardware knowledge and strong debug capabilities are essential. Projects range from small programs of less than one month to large multi-year programs.
- Contribute as a software developer on multiple simultaneous programs
- Actively participate as a member of a cross-functional team in order to appropriately plan and schedule programs
- Effectively report status, concerns and make recommendations in team meetings
- Lead software design and code reviews
- Participate in customer conference calls and travel to customer as needed
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in engineering or computer science
- 3-5 years of experience as an embedded programmer
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills and experience with embedded applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to document techniques and algorithms for implementation by others
- Software debugging skills, with working knowledge of hardware
- Experience with microcontrollers (knowledge of ARM is a plus)
- Experience with low power design
- Familiarity with RTOS and board support packages
- Work well in fast paced environment
- Proven ability to interface with customers and lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
- Object-oriented design and analysis
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Background working with sensors
- Experience in communication protocols (Bluetooth, Ethernet, Serial, USB)
- Direct knowledge or experience with RF communications, and/or RFID highly desired
- Embedded platform design
- Ability to use tools like oscilloscopes, spectrum, logic and protocol analyzers
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.