You would work with a small project team creating new machine vision software to be deployed directly onto small imaging engines. These engines consist of a microprocessor teamed with a camera sensor. These engines and machine vision software are custom-designed to meet each customer’s unique requirements. Customers are typically using these engines for medical or clinical analysis applications.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participate in team discussion, understand requirements and become familiar with the overall customer systems.
2. Involve with conceiving and creating “sandbox” experiments and the ability to develop advanced image processing algorithms to satisfy specific application requirements.
3. Contribute as a software developer on a variety of programs
4. Lead Design Reviews
5. Serve as the software subject matter expert
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong mathematical and analytical analysis experience using Matlab or other analysis tools
• Software engineering skills using C and/or C++ languages
• Write and present white papers to explain technical solutions
• Ability to document techniques and algorithms for implementation by others
• Good communication skills to be able to present and document ideas clearly
• Work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Embedded software design considerations: resource limitations and timing constraints