POSITION OVERVIEW: The Test Engineer is responsible for validation of solutions & systems and ensuring the solution meets the customer’s needs. In this role, the individual must work cross-functionally with the Systems Engineering Lead, Project Manager and Manufacturing teams to validate requirements, update test plans, and prescribe new tests to assess system performance. The Test Engineer will be guided by the Systems Engineer in developing verification and validation tests to demonstrate system compliance to Design Specifications and Customer Requirements.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focused on the Customer Requirements, Manufacturability, Reliability and Verification of the system.
- Responsible for understanding contributing to the Requirements, Design, DFMEA and Test Plan specifications.
- Develops detailed procedures and thoroughly documents results and test artifacts.
- Adept at assessing and interpreting test results to aid project engineer in determining next steps based on knowledge of the available technology and specific test results.
- Facilitate Technology Feasibility testing to ensure the proposed technology will be fundamentally capable of fulfilling its long term life cycle requirements.
- Understand the design of the system architecture and lower level design components in order to satisfy and test customer requirements.
- Understand risks outlined in the DFMEA and ensure tests are in place to address risks.
- Create and maintain the final Test Plan, procedures, associated tools and fixtures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Project development and test experience a must.
– Working knowledge of barcodes and auto ID technology a plus.
– Strong Technical Diagnostic and Communication Skills a must.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially excel and word.
– Medical device development/test is a plus.
Education: AAS with 3-5 years of relevant experience or a BS in Electrical.
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 Years Product Design and Development.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Test Engineers report directly to the Engineering Manager with no direct reports.
AUTHORITIES/DECISIONS MADE AS PART OF REGULAR DUTIES: Will be responsible for providing direction to team members and feedback to the customer. In addition the Test Engineer will play a key role if the strategy and project life-cycle.
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: Test engineers will be required to work in the lab environment directly on customer instruments, fixtures and other lab equipment typical to a Lab. Labs can be noisy and not typical of an office environment. Test engineers may be asked to travel to customer sites to test as needed.
Please send all employment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.