POSITION OVERVIEW: The Production Scheduler will utilize existing capacity models and production processes to plan, implement, and adjust production build plans for multiple product lines. Plans will be based on historical customer performance and forecast projects. Actuals plans will be implemented utilizing existing MRP systems while taking capacity into account.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 30% Develop and maintain production build plans utilizing existing capacity models.
- 30% Coordinate with supply chain counterpart to develop a level loaded build schedule utilizing sales forecasts and customer demand portals.
- 30% Maintenance work orders and coordinate build plans with materials organization and manufacturing supervision to ensure on time delivery of product to customers.
- 10% Work to continuously improve production scheduling by collaborating with the Operations team to evolve the existing capacity model and production systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Lean Manufacturing
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Industrial / Process Engineering
- Capacity Planning
- Microsoft Excel (& other basic computer skills)
- Statistical Analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Education: B.S. or B.E. in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, or Operations Management.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Manufacturing.
AUTHORITIES/DECISIONS MADE AS PART OF REGULAR DUTIES: This role will develop and maintain production build plans and coordinate build plans with manufacturing supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: Modern and clean manufacturing environment, ability to sit for long periods of time at desk and/or computer; ability to work on call; ability to travel on and off campus locations; ability to travel occasionally in continental United States. Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.