ThingMagic Micro-LTE (UHF) RAIN RFID
ThingMagic’s 2-port Micro-LTE is one of smallest embedded UHF RAIN® RFID reader modules and is designed to meet the demands of high performance RFID handheld, mobile, and stationary readers. The Micro-LTE offers a read rate of 50 tags/second and is optimized for devices, device accessories and applications that require reading small tag populations.
The Micro-LTE offers two antenna ports and supports the ability to transmit up to +30 dBm for demanding applications. The edge connections for signals, power, and RF allow the module to be soldered directly to a motherboard as a standard component. The on-board connectors allow the module to be mated to a motherboard as an add-on option.
Features of the Micro-LTE RFID reader module include:
- Small size: 46 mm L x 26 mm W x 4.0 mm H (1.6 in L x 1.0 in W x 0.16 in H)
- Support for the EPCglobal Gen2 (ISO 18000-6C) protocol (IP-X and ISO 18000-6B optional)
- Support for two monostatic RF antennas through U.FL connector or solder-down board-edge connections
- Separate read and write levels, command adjustable from -5 dBm to +30 dBm in 0.5 dB steps
- 28 solder-down board-edge connections or Molex low profile connector, providing access to DC power, communication, and GPIO signals
- UART and USB 2.0 control/data interfaces
- Two 3.3V bidirectional ports configurable as input (sensor) ports or output (indicator) ports
- North America, EU, India, China, Korea, Australia, and Japan regions are supported with a single SKU
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to +60°C
- Tag read rate of 50 tags/second
- Maximum tag read distance of over 30 feet (9 m) with 6 dBi antenna