ThingMagic Astra-EX Integrated RAIN RFID Reader
Driven by ThingMagic’s powerful Mercury6e (M6e) UHF RAIN® RFID Module, Astra-EX is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated 2-port reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Astra-EX blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts, and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and Wi-Fi options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations. The Astra-EX offers full support for ThingMagic’s enterprise-class MercuryAPI software.
Key features of Astra-EX reader include:
- High performance, EPCglobal Gen2 (optional ISO 18000-6B) support with anti-collision Dense Reader Mode (DRM) and advanced anti-jamming functionality.
- A fully integrated 8.5 dBic circularly-polarized antenna and an RP TNC connector to support an optional secondary external antenna.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) reduces cabling and electrical outlet proximity requirements.
- Wi-Fi option, providing low cost integration with existing enterprise Wi-Fi networks. Supports enterprise Wi-Fi security standards including TKIP, AES and EAP-TLS.
- 32MB of flash and 64MB of DRAM available for reader-hosted applications.
- LLRP v1.0.1 with multiprotocol extensions.
- A small form factor (10.2”H x 10.2”W x 3”D).
- An easy to use Development Kit for customized applications, settings, deployments and management.
High-performance capabilities and application-specific features include:
- Separate read and write levels, adjustable from 5 dBm to 30 dBm on the integrated antenna and up to 31.5 dBm on the external antenna port.
- A ‘fast search’ mode for reading tags affixed to fast-moving objects.
- Read rate over 750 tags per second with high-performance feature settings.
- Read range up to 30 feet for Generation 2 UHF RFID tags.
- The ability to rapidly adapt to changing tag populations.
- The ability to obtain 128 bytes of data with every tag read.
- Support for the full cool-Log™ command set for IDS SL900A sensor tags.
Astra-EX is available in North America, EU, India and Australia versions.