Software Engineer – Operations
Job Title: Software Engineer
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location: N. Syracuse, NY
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
JADAK is looking for a Software Engineer to help create Auto-ID solutions for the world’s largest healthcare companies. This person will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and work cross-functionally with design engineering, manufacturing engineering, systems hardware and test engineering, and operations management to develop application software. Hardware knowledge and strong debug capabilities are essential. Projects range from small projects of less than one week to larger application development projects that could last several months or more.
- Contribute as a software developer on multiple simultaneous projects
- Actively participate as a member of a cross-functional team in order to appropriately plan and schedule long term projects that support a manufacturing environment and other business process functions
- Effectively report status, concerns and make recommendations in team meetings
- Lead software design and code reviews
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 1-5 years of experience as a programmer
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills and experience with application development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment; this role will require a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize effectively and communicate with peers and management in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to document techniques and algorithms for implementation by others
- Software debugging skills, with working knowledge of hardware
- Object-oriented design and analysis
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with Visual Basic, C# and SQL Databases
- Experience in communication protocols (Bluetooth, Ethernet, Serial, USB)
- Ability to use tools like oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
- Experience troubleshooting microelectronics
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.