Sustaining Electrical Project Engineer
Job Title: Sustaining Electrical Project Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Location: North Syracuse, NY
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
The Project Engineer is an interdisciplinary role within the Sustaining Engineering team that helps ensure product life cycle for end of life and field issues. This requires ability to understand and apply design requirements to develop and validate new designs for replacement products. You will also be responsible for selecting and validating all replacement components including redesign as needed. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining system and product design specifications for product transitions and customer or internally driven changes. The individual must work cross-functionally with the Program Manager, Customer, Test, Manufacturing and Operations teams to identify and mitigate technical risk, diagnose and solve problems, and prescribe tests to assess system performance and increase the manufacturability of the solution.
- As a technical extension of the Sustaining Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for all technical aspects of projects with respect to part obsolescence, RMA’s and troubleshooting issues in the field, manufacturing and cost reduction initiatives.
- Support Program managers with replacement solutions for transitions and EOL issues including:
- Identifying replacement electrical components
- Testing all replacement options and documenting results for review
- Ensure current requirements are met
- Maintaining schedule and cost objectives
- Qualifying new and alternate suppliers
- Develop and conduct testing to ensure new parts are adequate replacements that meet the required standards
- Document all testing
- Ensure the proper artifacts are updated and drive the Engineering Change Orders (ECO) process for all updates
- System Design:
- Works with other Engineers to design the system architecture and lower level design components in order to satisfy customer requirements for all product transitions.
- Updates and maintains the Design Specification
- The Sustaining Electrical Project Engineer takes a hands-on approach throughout the process of transitioning to a new or updated product.
- Verification and Validation:
- Develops a Verification Plan to determine design limits and detect software bugs to ensure the entire system is capable of meeting the customer requirements.
- Designs and facilitates the execution of a Verification and Validation Plans to ensure the final design meets customer functional, performance and regulatory requirements.
- Develop the Production Use-Case Test Requirements and Validation Plan to ensure long term conformance of the product during production.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, related experience is a plus
- Good practical knowledge of both digital and analog electronics
- Proficient with electrical circuit design
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing methods of printed circuit boards
- Knowledge of EMC standards
- Proficiency with oscilloscopes, network analyzers and signal generators
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Suite including MS Project
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.