BLOG – JADAK Achieves 1,000 FPS in Specific ROI for Medical Device Manufacturer
- A medical device manufacturer needs to capture 1,000 frames per second, in specific regions of interest, and deliver high resolution, color images to allow for accurate and precise disease diagnosis.
- The challenge in this application was both the high frame rate, and the varying regions of interest.
- JADAK developed a customized, CMV-1200, 12 MP camera to meet the specific form and function requirements of this application.
- Using proprietary FPGA design, the camera can provide better speed and control.
- The team built a machine vision algorithm to specify the different ROIs and loaded it directly onto the FPGA, which can capture all the necessary images without communicating to the host CPU.
- The optimized camera solution developed by JADAK has decreased the overall time to test, improving efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- The high frames per second achieved has become a competitive advantage to the medical device manufacturer.
If you have any questions about this article or any other machine vision products or services, please email us at email@example.com