Job Title: Assembler
Reports To: Senior Manager, Production
Location: N. Syracuse, NY
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
Position is responsible for the assembly, testing and inspection of a wide variety of electronic products.
• Assemble varied electronic products, consistently meeting quality standards.
• Perform in-process and final assembly inspections and report potential defects to shift leader or manager.
• Foster a high-performing team environment through daily communication with supervisor and colleagues in all manufacturing areas.
• Work with manufacturing team to meet production schedules, including overtime as required by production needs.
• Provide regular feedback to management regarding potential product and assembly process improvements.
• Comply with all company policies and programs, to include those regarding ethics, conduct, safety, security, ISO, and continuous improvement.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Position is an indivdiual contributor role.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• 0-1 year experience required, 1+ years preferred.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, to include assembly instruction, is critical to success in the role.
• Ability to communicate verbally with team and management required.
• Strong attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
• Ability to perform basic and routine repetitive mechanical assembly operations on components and sub-assemblies using fixtures, screwdrivers, etc.
• Stamina to maintain attention to detail for duration of shift.
• Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 55 pounds (assisted).
• Ability to push/pull carts loaded with up to 55 pounds of material.
• Ability to use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, and reach.
• Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.
• Ability to use close vision, color vision, and depth perception for extended periods.