Responsible for material planning, scheduling, negotiating, sourcing and procurement of raw materials, parts, and components consistent with company policies and procedures for engineering development. Work on problems with diverse scope where analysis of situations or data require a review of identifiable factors. This position ensures continuous flow of materials to support engineering in the most efficient and cost effective manner by managing the supply chain.
- Plan, prepare and process, daily requisitions and purchase orders in order to support production and engineering needs utilizing MRP and internal request procedures.
- Expedite orders when necessary and negotiate considerations from suppliers with delinquent delivery status.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills by open communication and sharing of pertinent business information to all departments (eg. Communicate purchase order status with internal customers, such as, engineering, operations, sales, and management).
- Establish and maintain order policies and lead times for product.
- Request pricing quotes from suppliers for materials or services and upon completion evaluate RFQ’s to determine the best source of supply based on technical expertise, quality of product, pricing, and service. In addition, the buyer shall maintain all records of RFQ’s.
- Interface with stakeholders within JADAK to identify and qualify new and/or alternate raw material sources.
- Represent the company successfully and exercises flexibility in their approach to negotiations with suppliers.
- Review suppliers to ensure they understand the quality and delivery requirements, as well as keeping abreast of new products and techniques.
- Research sources of supplies and services to maintain flexibility, high quality and competitive pricing in the supplier base.
- Anticipates potential problems and risks, and generates ideas, insight and solutions to resolve or “head off” potential problems, followed by decisive action to implement solutions.
- Analyze supplier performance and address accordingly with supplier and team.
- Negotiate lead-time reduction and/or stocking programs with suppliers to reduce JADAK inventory burden.
- Negotiate cost avoidance and price reductions from suppliers.
- Coordinate efforts with suppliers and engineering as requested.
- Support lean manufacturing activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in supply chain management and/or engineering and at least 4 years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office and ability to learn new software/programs as opportunities or department needs arise. Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret mechanical drawings to effectively communicate the designs or discrepancies from shipments to supplier should questions arise.
- Knowledge of materials management theories, processes and practices.
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team, internal customers and suppliers that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit & encourage sense of urgency.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and primary responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and negotiation skills.
- Highly energetic and success driven.
Please send all employment inquiries to email@example.com.