This is an interdisciplinary role that involves the design, development, and test of embedded systems to meet customer requirements. This role ensures all electrical product requirements are met. The individual must work cross-functionally with the Program Managers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers, Purchasing, Test, and Manufacturing teams.
- Embedded design of custom barcode and RFID systems to meet product requirements.
- Lead system engineer assisting customers with the design of embedded wireless interface systems in medical imaging systems such as overhead lights, Endoscopy cameras, C-Arms and others
- Reviewing customers’ schematics, board layout, mechanical placement and provide guidelines and recommendations
- Analyze and resolve RF propagation and related system issues- some On-site technical support of existing Wireless systems for medical applications
- Manage and prepare technical designs and specification documents.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Use good judgment for impromptu problem solving.
- Work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment.
- Design for EMC and Safety Regulatory Compliance
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 3+ yrs. of digital electrical design experience.
- Good practical knowledge of both digital and analog electronics.
- Proficiency with oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators.
- EMC/EMI certification procedures and engineering methods to mitigate compliance issues.
- Mechanical aptitude as related to integrating electronic assemblies into larger assemblies
- Experience designing with DFM principles.
- Must be able to function well in a team or group environment.
- Must be a self-starter and well organized.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with flexibility.
- An ideal candidate has optical, barcode and image sensor experience.
- Knowledge of PCB design principles to meet functional and EMC/EMI requirements.
- Experience with the Altium schematic/PCB design environment would be a plus.
- Some travel to customer sites or hospitals may be required
- 5+ years of experience minimum designing RF communication systems
- Experience in deploying, testing RF systems and optimizing wireless link in a medical environment
- Good understanding of antenna performance and radio wave propagation
- Expert in the analysis and troubleshooting and investigating RF related issues on systems.
- Feedback customers’ inputs to product management and engineering to develop reference designs.
- RF Communication systems knowledge: Familiar with Wireless HD 60 GHz, Wifi, OFDM and self-calibrating systems a plus