OEM Program Manager Roles and Responsibilities
An OEM Program Manager is an Engineer that understands the engineering development process. They are responsible for every aspect of a program, from project kickoff through the entire development cycle, transition to manufacturing until the product ship and beyond. A PM is teamed with one or more Sales Account Executives and together they manage the customer’s needs. The PM coordinates and directs company resources needed to complete all project objectives.
- A PM is a strong leader.
- A PM has excellent oral and written communication.
- A PM is detail oriented and thorough.
- A PM should be adept at planning, coordinating and facilitating.
- The overall execution of the program with respect to planning, resourcing and customer management.
- Understand and safe guard the business case with respect to cost and schedule.
- A PM coordinates all activities needed to execute the program plan.
- Manage all aspects of the project development including cost, schedule and resourcing.
- Provide technical direction whether personally or by charging appropriate resources to do so.
- Ensure creation and thoroughness of all product documentation such as requirements, design and test specifications.
- Once the product is shipping, monitor customer returns and assist manufacturing in any issues that arise.
- Support customer and internal project team in product obsolescence and end of life issues.
- Education 4 year engineering degree in related discipline.
- Experience, 5-8 years minimum (program management or other related experience a must)
Please send all employment inquiries to email@example.com.