Job Title: Repair Technican
Reports To: Senior Manager, Production
Location: N. Syracuse, NY
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
The Repair Technician position is a technical position in the production area reporting to the Production Manager. This position provides hands on troubleshooting of production failures & equipment in a fast-paced production operation; as well as mentoring production associates with respect to issues with products, processes, and procedures.
- Train & Mentor production associates on the use of approved processes with respect to the assembly of JADAK products.
- Perform root cause analysis of product failures and assist management in formulating real time corrective action.
- Disposition non-conforming materials for scrap or return to vendor.
- Facilitate the removal and replacement of non-conforming material from the production floor.
- Perform data entry step for non-conforming material disposition.
- Work with Operations Management to continuously improve products, processes, and procedures.
- Back-up for production line associates as needed.
- Participate on pilot builds when being built on the production floor.
- Implement and adhere to production floor standards.
- Position is an indivdiual contributor role.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- AAS is a Technical Field with 2+ years related experience.
- Basic proficiency with MS Office.
- Understanding of production test applications and ability to understand complex systems.
- Ability to communcate and follow written and verbal instructions, to include assembly instruction, is critical to success in the role.
- Ability to communicate verbally with team and management and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to assertively promote continuous improvement with respect to products and processes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to perform basic and routine repetitive mechanical assembly operations on components and sub-assemblies using fixtures, screwdrivers, etc.
- Stamina to maintain attention to detail for duration of shift.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 55 pounds (assisted).
- Ability to push/pull carts loaded with up to 55 pounds of material.
- Ability to use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, and reach.
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.
- Ability to use close vision, color vision, and depth perception for extended periods.
Occasional use of chemicals