Configuring DESFire Tags in Skyeware V4 Documentation Category
This page contains documentation, downloads, firmware, and support
materials for this product or topic.
Choose a different product/topic
The Mifare DESfire Tag Configuration panel lets you configure the DESfire tag, including setting key parameters and creating applications.
To configure a DESfire tag:
- Authenticate the tag (required to make other changes):
- Enter the key in the Auhenticate field.
- Click on the “Authenticate” button. This verifies the key and enables making changes to the tag.
- (Optional) Assign an alias to the tag:
- Type a tag name (alias) into the Alias field.
- Click “Change”. This writes the new alias to the tag.
- (Optional) Click “Format” to format the tag.
- (Optional) Create an access key:
- Select the access key number from the Key pull down menu.
- Type the new key into the Set Key field.
- Click “Set”. This creates or resets the key.
- (Optional) Change the application settings:
- Click on the checkboxes for any of the settings that you wish to apply to the application.
- Click “Apply” to write the changes to the tag.
- Click “Discard” to erase any changes that have not yet been applied and restore the defaults. (This changes the display only and does not affect the application.)
- (Optional) Create an application:
- Type a three-byte application key.
- Use the pull-down menu to select the number of keys to create with the application.
- Click “Create” to create the application. Once created, the application appears in the Applications list on the left side panel whenever you select this tag from the Tags list.
← Return to Documentation Search