Configuring the UHF radio settings in Skyeware V4 Documentation Category
This page contains documentation, downloads, firmware, and support
materials for this product or topic.
Choose a different product/topic
The radio configuration panel lets you configure radio parameters for both the M7 and M9. You can also scan the radio spectrum for interference.
To change radio settings or perform a scan:
- Select a regional regulatory compliance option from the pull-down menu at the top of the panel. This automatically adjusts the radio settings to match those required for the selected region.
- (Optional) Scan the currently-set frequencies for interference:
- Press the “Scan” button at the top of the panel. This begins the scan and shows real-time scan results in the frequency graph. This can help you identify sources of interference in your test set-up.
- Click the “Stop” button to end scanning.
- Edit other radio parameters by using the pull-down menus or by typing into the editable fields below the frequency graph. (Note that the M7 only supports a limited set of power settings: 9.0 dBm, 12.0 dBm, 15.0 dBm, 18.0 dBm, 21.0 dBm and Maximum.)
- Click on one of the buttons at the bottom of the panel:
- “Save” saves the current settings to a file. (This lets you preserve stable settings before making test changes.)
- “Load Defaults” reload the default settings from the reader, replacing any changes you have made to the setting fields.
- “Set as Defaults” writes the current settings to the reader to use as new default values. The reader uses these values after the next reset or power cycle. (Note that clicking this button does not apply the changed settings to the current session.)
- “Apply” causes the reader to use the settings currently displayed. The reader uses these settings only until the next reset or power cycle, after which it reverts to the default settings.
- “Discard” erases any changes that have not yet been applied and redisplays the default values for each parameter.
← Return to Documentation Search