To change reader settings:
- Type information directly into the editable fields or select a new setting from the pull-down menus. Note that the M4 only supports the serial host interface and the M7 only supports the serial and USB Host Interface.
- Click on one of the buttons at the bottom of the panel:
- “Save” saves the current reader settings to a file. (This lets you preserve stable settings before making test changes.)
- “Load Defaults” reload the default settings from the reader, replacing any changes you have made to the setting fields.
- “Set as Defaults” writes the current settings to the reader to use as new default values. The reader uses these values after the next reset or power cycle. (Note that clicking this button does not apply the changed settings to the current session.)
- “Apply” causes the reader to use the settings currently displayed. The reader uses these settings only until the next reset or power cycle, after which it reverts to the default settings. Note that if you change the host interface, SkyeWare rediscovers the reader on the new interface.
- “Discard” erases any changes that have not yet been applied and re-displays the default values for each parameter.