JE-100/200 Barcode Scan Engine Series
The JE-100/200 Barcode Scan Engine Series is JADAK’s embedded barcode scanning line capable of reading any barcode standard all within a miniature form factor designed for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) building for handheld computers, medical instruments, diagnostic equipment, lottery terminals, and robotics applications.
JADAK is a full service engineering company, providing highly custom OEM designs to order, configured for unique and demanding applications, and supported by full life cycle management, from collaboration and design, to manufacturing and delivery.
JADAK offers several variants of high-quality scan engines to meet the wide-range of applications that OEMs may design for:
- JE-118 OEM 1D Barcode Scan Engine: a low-profile unit (0.3 in), and the most economical solution in the series for reading 1D barcodes at high-performance even on poorly printed, low contrast, and damaged labels (nominal read rate 50 scans/second).
- JE-121 OEM 1D Barcode Scan Engine: a miniature linear laser scanner capable of reading any barcode, regardless of lighting, up to 104 +/- 12 scans/second. Designed for many applications, such as handheld computers and medical instruments, the JE-121 has no silicon mirrors and is constructed using a die cast chassis to withstand shocks up to 2000Gs. Liquid Polymer Scan Technology is used to extend product life by creating a frictionless scan area that will not wear out.
- JE-128 OEM 1D Barcode Scan Engine: JADAK’s entry-level, compact linear scan engine capable of reading up to 200 scans/second. Designed for portable and fixed devices and limited space, the JE-128 is built with no moving parts, and is reliable with a mean time between failures (MTBF) of 250,000 hours (28.5 years), longer than the typical laser scanner. This small but capable unit can read barcodes from backlit or bright conditions such as from LCD displays and mobile phones, ideal for access controls, and e-coupons or e-ticket kiosks. The JE-128 is a low power unit when active but conserves power by reducing standby current when the scan engine is not in use.
- JE-202 OEM 2D Barcode Scan Engine: reads 1D/2D barcodes and captures document imaging for image analysis applications. This unit has a laser pointer and LED illuminated four corner frame inside a small form factor ideal for kiosks and mobile computers and is configured with a Megapixel B&W sensor able to capture images in 99% of all lighting conditions.
- JE-209 OEM 2D Barcode Scan Engine: a 1D/2D laser reader with accompanying decoder board powered by a 624 MHz microprocessor that decodes in milliseconds. The JE-209 model is one of the most verbose models, an omni-directional scanning range eliminates precise alignment; patent-pending pulse illumination and rapid shutter speed captures at 60 fps with exceptional motion tolerance. It comes in three variants based on focal distance requirements, the JE-209SR for standard range, the JE-209DL optimized for smaller driver’s license barcodes, and the JE-209HD high density designed for the smallest sized bar codes.
- JE-222/JE-223 OEM 2D Barcode Scan Engine: a high performance 1D/2D scanner with optical character recognition (OCR) for OEM applications. The unit can be configured to include color capture with no degradation in barcode read accuracy, it is also available with onboard decoder or with a licensed software decoder to meet reduced space and power requirements. Available with machine vision capability.
- JE-227 OEM 2D Barcode Scan Engine: JADAK’s top-tier scanner capable of reading 1D/2D barcodes, capturing photos, and making fully searchable and editable text documents in letter, legal, A4 and A5 format. It’s able to capture large barcodes and multiple barcodes enabled by its wide field of view and long range of 36 in (92 cm). Employing Intelligent Imaging Technology analysis on captured images immediately and automatically corrects them for shadows, noise, skewing, unaligned rotation, blurring, and cropping. This unit is available with onboard image processor or with a licensed software processor to meet reduced space and power requirements.
- JE-229 OEM 2D Barcode Scan Engine: a high-performance megapixel imager within a form factor of less than five grams and 2/3 the size of typical competitive engines capable of reading 1D/2D barcodes. Designed to be small and highly reliable, the JE-229 onboard scan engine undertakes a portion of the image processing relieving a host of the task; eliminating the “scanner bump” inherent in larger models it is ideal for Smartphones and sleds. An off-board image processing software is an available option to reduced space and power requirements. This unit supports MIPI interface.
- JE-233 OEM 2D Slim Barcode Scan Engine: JADAK’s ultra slim barcode scan engine with 0.5 megapixel image engine and white illumination. At smaller than a US quarter, the JE-233 can read 1D/2D barcodes with exceptional motion tolerance (230 in/s), has support for color barcodes and full symbology, and is equipped with a high-visibility LED sharp green line aimer for easy targeting. This unit supports MIPI interface. Available with machine vision capability.
- JE-238 OEM 2D Barcode Scan Engine: a compact single piece imager and decoding platform that reads 1D/2D barcodes, and has customizable machine vision capabilities for a wide array of applications.
Features and Benefits
- Compact form factor designed for small to micro applications
- Built tough, most models rated to withstand over 1500G bumps and shocks
- Reads most popular barcode standards (see unit specs)
- Reads poorly printed, low contrast, and damaged barcodes
- Extremely fast scanning, up to 200 scans/second
- Low power consumption
- Medical equipment, such as blood analyzers
- Hand scanners
- Time clocks
- Gate access control
- Lottery kiosks
- Handheld computers
- Medical instruments
- Diagnostic equipment
- Cell phone screens
- Color image capture for signatures and packages
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
VIDEO: JADAK HS-1RS Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner for Healthcare Demonstration
The latest in the series and the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design.
ARTICLE: Decode Windowing with ImageView
This article illustrates decode windowing with JADAK’s ImageView (version 2.62) software tool, and abstracted firmware commands.
ARTICLE: Scenario Windowing with ImageView
This article illustrates scenario windowing with JADAK’s ImageView (version 2.62) software tool, and abstracted firmware commands.
An introduction to the HS-1R RFID and barcode scanner for healthcare
As part of a medical system, the HS-1R can help reduce medical errors, increase workflow, and improve patient satisfaction.