Allegro IVD Smart Camera Series
The Allegro IVD Smart Camera is JADAK’s intelligent solution for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) who need to accelerate machine vision tasks in their designs—an equipped Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) unburdens the host computer of processing high-quality images and ultimately saves valuable processing power that reduces overall system latency.
The Allegro Smart Camera is designed specifically to support the in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) and Surgical fields by:
- Performing standard pre-analytical tasks on a single vial or rack of vials
- Improving the accuracy of test results by closing inefficiency gaps caused by human error
- Improving speeds during pre-analytical and analytical phases of testing
- Providing enhanced high-resolution microscopy
- Enabling multiple camera coordination for surgical visualization and omnivision scenarios
Allegro IVD 6 MP Smart Camera provides the ultimate in screening a rack of diagnostic vials with enhanced accuracy and precision. Its a highly customizable unit: frame rate, shutter speed, and LED illumination are programmable, and the M12 lens mounting configuration is designed to fit a wide array of lenses and lens focus adapters for customized requirements.
Interfacing with the Allegro camera offers several options, including USB, Ethernet, RS-232, and includes general-purpose input/output (GPIO) on-board capability allowing for maximum flexibility for OEM designers.
The Allegro IVD 6MP Smart Camera is pre-loaded with JADAK’s Clarity™ 3.0 Machine Vision Software, the easiest way to develop machine vision applications with little or no machine vision experience. Additionally, since JADAK is a valued MVTec Image Acquisition Partner this model is compatible with MVTec’s suite of software.
Allegro IVD 2.3 MP Smart Camera has the same functionality as the Allegro IVD 6MP, and is ideal for screening a single diagnostic vial with enhanced accuracy and precision. The IVD 2.3 MP performs at a reduced speed, also ideal for applications that are less time sensitive.
JADAK is the leading manufacturer for machine vision products and software, offering some of the only engineering talent globally that design specifically for on-board FPGAs which dramatically enhance performance.
Features and Benefits
- Rolling shutter with programmable shutter speed
- Sensor Format: 1/1.8 in.
- On-board LED illumination
- Performs pre-analytical tasks on a rack of vials or single vial
- Interface: USB2.0 high-speed, 10/100 Ethernet, RS-232 UART, GPIO
- Frame rate: full-size image 60fps at 10bits, 30fps at 14bits
- Pre-loaded with JADAK’s Clarity™ 3.0 Machine Vision Software
- Accelerated machine vision applications
- In-vitro diagnostic pre-analytic tasks:
- Enhanced liquid-level detection
- Cap classification
- Barcode decoding on trays or racks
- Color calibration directly on the camera
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
WHITE PAPER: How RFID and machine vision are improving in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) testing
Due to the nature of clinical testing, there are many tedious and labor-intensive steps that can benefit from laboratory automation.
Improving speed and efficiency in your medical system using machine vision
This paper addresses optimization concerns for embedded machine vision devices for medical applications, and JADAK’s suggested approach to achieve greater speed by an order of magnitude, in some cases.
VIDEO: Machine vision image analysis
Overview of custom machine vision technology for medical and clinical applications.
WEBINAR: Improving speed and efficiency in your medical system using machine vision
In today’s fast paced, data-driven healthcare ecosystem, the need for increased throughput and reduced potential for errors is critical. When implemented, machine vision technology can significantly improve the overall performance of a medical system.