FM-5 and FM-6 Fixed Mount Barcode/Machine Vision Scanners
The FM-5 and FM-6 Fixed Mount Barcode Scanners with Machine Vision Option are JADAK’s 1D/2D barcode reader specifically designed and fully customizable for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) who create solutions like clinical analyzers, industrial robotics systems, interactive kiosks, manual rack feed carousels and other high-capacity pass-through applications.
The FM-5 and FM-6 were designed as the only area sensor specifically for reading barcodes, with capabilities of toggling between black and white mode for barcodes and color mode for enhanced image analysis, while maintaining significant motion tolerance up to 230 in/second (584 cm/s). Constructed to minimize form factor, both the FM-5 and FM-6 are compact, solid state devices with no moving parts, suited for easy integration into OEM applications.
There are three enhanced variants of the FM-5 Series to fit OEM’s range of needs:
- The FM-5E 1D/2D Fixed Mount Barcode Reader is an economical solution focused on reading all mainstream 1D/2D barcodes (UPC, QR, PDF-417, GS1), and designed for standard, label based barcodes and barcodes directly from cell phone screens. This device interfaces using True RS232 or USB 2.0 (HID comm or keyboard), operates at 30fps and is black and white capable only.
- The FM-5V Compact 0.5 Megapixel Smart Camera is designed for machine vision image processing functions, employing a black and white and color capable CMOS with global shutter at a frame rate of 60fps. Its compact size is also well suited for OEM applications in clinical analyzers and industrial robot systems.
- The FM-5Z High-Speed General Purpose Fixed Mount Imager is a 1D/2D solution capable of reading all mainstream barcodes: full 2D mode reads at 60fps and high-speed linear mode reads at 130fps.
There are two enhanced variants of the FM-6 Series to fit OEMs range of needs:
- The FM-6M Fixed Mount Barcode Reader provides all of the features of the FM-5 Series in a right angle package appropriate for more space sensitive applications.
- The FM-6V Compact 0.5 Megapixel Smart Camera is designed for high-capacity machine vision image processing functions, employing a black and white and color capable CMOS with global shutter at a frame rate of 60fps. Its compact size is also well suited for OEM applications in clinical analyzers and industrial robot systems.
Features and Benefits
- Compact design for easy integration into original equipment manufacturers (OEM) projects
- Solid state design with no moving parts for long product life
- Available with black and white and color sensor
- FM-5 model variants enhanced for high speed applications, machine vision image processing functions and economical solutions
- Significant motion tolerance (up to 230 in/s)
- RS-232 or USB 1.1/2.0 host interfaces available
- Barcode compatibility: [1D] UPC, Code 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, Code 39, Code 93, Composite Code, [2D] Maxicode, Aztec code, Datamatrix code, QR code, [Stacked Linear Code] PDF-417
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
- High-capacity pass-through applications
- Clinical analyzers
- Medical systems
- Industrial robotic systems
- Interactive kiosks
- Manual rack feed carousels
- Life science equipment
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
WEBINAR: Improving speed and efficiency in your medical system using machine vision
In today’s fast paced, data-driven healthcare ecosystem, the need for increased throughput and reduced potential for errors is critical. When implemented, machine vision technology can significantly improve the overall performance of a medical system.
WEBINAR: How machine vision and RFID are improving in-vitro diagnostic testing
Learn about current challenges in IVD testing and how machine vision and RFID can address those issues
WEBINAR: In-vitro diagnostics: validating and measuring centrifuged blood samples
This webinar will focus on validating and measuring blood samples that have gone through a centrifuged process to achieve accurate test results.