Augmented (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR) Accessory Lens
When measuring spectral radiance, luminance, and color of near-eye displays (Augmented (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR) devices), the optical coupling of the AR/VR device output to a spectroradiometer using special front-end optics, is required. Photo Research has developed accessory products that attach to their spectroradiometers which allow the user to measure light from AR/VR target areas in the range 0.3 – 6 mm
The Augmented (AR) & Virtual Reality (VR) lens is an accessory to the PR-740/PR-788 Series spectroradiometers and is designed to:
- Produce a focused image of the target area in the instrument’s viewfinder, so that the user can align the spot spectroradiometer to the desired target point. The focus ring of the instrument has enough play to focus on virtual images at distances of 254 mm to infinity.
- Image the entrance pupil to the slit of the spectroradiometer. The internal design of the lens varies with entrance pupil diameter and the spectroradiometer model in order to ensure that the optical requirements for measuring the luminance and color of a virtual image are being met.
- Calibrate using a standard Illuminant A light source. Calibration is performed at the distance of the virtual image, but without the AR/VR lens. Typical variation in measured luminance is +/- 0.6% over virtual image distances of 500 – 2000 mm.
- Enclosed in a standard opto-mechanical housing with a customer-specified opening aperture.
- Available AR/VR Aperture Diameters: 3mm, 4mm & 5mm
- Available Internal Apertures: 2°, 1°, 0.5°, 0.25°, 0.2°, 0.125°, 0.1°
- Objective Lenses: MS-75
- Luminance Accuracy *: 2%
- Luminance Repeatability *: <1%
- Color Accuracy *: +/- 0.0015cd/m2
- Useful for contrast measurements
- Compact AR/VR accessory housing allows angular measurements
- Wide dynamic range Cost-effective AR/VR accessory
- Consumer Display
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
WHITE PAPER: Measuring luminance and color of near-eye display virtual images
Photo Research develops solution which allows users to measure light from VR target areas in the range 0.3 – 6 mm.
WHITE PAPER: Spectroradiometers for measuring blue light in displays and lighting
Spectroradiometers can be used to measure blue light, providing spectral power distributions (or spectral radiance) and peak wavelengths
WHITE PAPER: Heads up and near eye display
What is a “virtual” image? At its most basic, a virtual image is an image that is projected into space. Typical devices that produce virtual images include corrective eye ware, binoculars, magnifying glasses, microscopes, telescopes, rifle scopes, near-eye displays, and heads-up displays.
WHITE PAPER: Integrated spectroscopy in compact analytical devices
As semiconductor technology continues to advance, improvements yield smaller, lower cost components that can often be embedded within a compact device while occupying a minimal footprint and offering ease of use