The SpectraScan® Spectroradiometer PR-653 is JADAK’s introductory portable solution for spectral based photometric and colorimetric light measurements, designed for applications requiring precise light measurements from a range of high ambient light sources, such as display monitors and projectors, reflective surfaces, and film and video post-production.
A handheld, completely portable battery powered (Li-ion, USB charger) unit for stand alone operations, the PR-653 interfaces with USB adapter and has a fixed focus lens laser alignment system.
Configured with 128 detector elements, the PR-653 has a dynamic range of 0.05 fL to 300 fL and a spectral resolution of 4 nm per pixel, and spectral range of 380–780 nm, and is available with standard 2° aperture.
The unit displays a number of data and color spectra graphs of:
- Spectral based photometric and colorimetric measurements, performing white point calibrations of CRTs, LCDs, PDPs and digital projectors
- Source spectral power distribution
- Dominant wavelength
- Correlated color temperature
Controls are easy with a state-of-the-art 640×480 full color LCD display, and 5-way navigation keypad.
The PR-653 requires no-PC, however with the SpectraWIN 2 software data stored from the unit on SD removable media can viewed and display. And in Remote Mode, ASCII based text commands from your PC or MAC can control the unit, as well as be used to create custom programming for automatic test equipment (ATE) environments.
Additional features that maintain highest quality accuracy and control over light measurements include:
- AutoSync for automatically synchronizing to display backlight or source refresh rate for superior accuracy
- External trigger port for remote activation, push button activation for peripheral devices
The PR-653 is designed for an incredible array extensibility accessories that add new functionality, the following are just a few accessories covering the range of capabilities:
- Radiance and Luminance Accessories: Attach a fiber probe for remote non-line-of-sight luminance testing.
- Radiant and Luminous Flux Accessories: Use the LR-127 analyzer for testing LEDs to CIE 127.
- Radiant and Luminous Intensity Accessories: Neutral density source attenuation filters are available.
- Irradiance and Illuminance Accessories: Attach a Cosine Receptor that will measure irradiance or illuminance.
- Reflectance Accessories: RGB Display Caloption provides an interactive method for white point calibration based on spectral measurements.
- Display Luminance, Color, and Contrast
- Reflectance and Transmittance
- CRT, LCD, PDP, and Projector White Balance Calibration
- LED Testing
- Digital Cinemas
- Surface testing, e.g. paper, ink, and textiles
- Film and Video Post-production
- Medical/Dental Color Testing
- Automotive and Aerospace Display Testing
Features and Benefits
- Precise and Accurate Spectra Based Measurements
- Battery Powered for Absolute Mobility
- USB Interface
- Laser Pointer Accuracy
- Automatically Synchronizes To Projector Frame Rate
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
WHITE PAPER: Spectroradiometers for measuring blue light in displays and lighting
Spectroradiometers can be used to measure blue light, providing spectral power distributions (or spectral radiance) and peak wavelengths
WHITE PAPER: Heads up and near eye display
What is a “virtual” image? At its most basic, a virtual image is an image that is projected into space. Typical devices that produce virtual images include corrective eye ware, binoculars, magnifying glasses, microscopes, telescopes, rifle scopes, near-eye displays, and heads-up displays.
WHITE PAPER: Integrated spectroscopy in compact analytical devices
As semiconductor technology continues to advance, improvements yield smaller, lower cost components that can often be embedded within a compact device while occupying a minimal footprint and offering ease of use