The SpectraScan® Spectroradiometer PR-655 is JADAK’s economical portable solution for spectral based photometric and colorimetric light measurements, designed for applications requiring precise light measurements from a range of light sources, such as display monitors and projectors, reflective surfaces, and industrial applications (visual display testing, LED testing, film and video post-production, auto/aerospace displays, and dental color testing).
A handheld, completely portable battery powered (Li-ion, USB charger) unit for stand alone operations, the PR-655 interfaces with USB, and optional Bluetooth® or RS-232, with a Secure Digital (SD) port to allow users to store measurement data on removable media.
Configured with 128 detector elements, the PR-655 has a wide dynamic range of 0.2 fL to 30,000 fL (without external neutral density filters) and spectral resolution of 3.12 nm per pixel, and spectral range of 380–780 nm, accompanied by an automated measure shutter.
Available with standard 1° aperture (optional 1/2°), and 2 sensitivity modes (standard & extended) with 4 measurements speeds: normal, fast, 2x fast, 4x fast.
The unit displays a number of data and color spectra graphs of:
- Spectral based photometric and colorimetric measurements, performing white point calibrations of CRTs, LCDs, PDPs and digital projectors
- Source spectral power distribution
- Dominant wavelength
- Correlated color temperature
Controls are easy with a state-of-the-art 2.25” x 3” full color high-resolution touch screen LCD display, and 5-way navigation keypad, plus programmable User Profiles for saving setup and preference settings. The PR-655 requires no-PC, however with the SpectraWIN 2 software data stored from the unit on SD removable media can viewed and display. And in Remote Mode, ASCII based text commands from your PC or MAC can control the unit, as well as be used to create custom programming for automatic test equipment (ATE) environments.
Additional features that maintain highest quality accuracy and control over light measurements include:
- AutoSync for automatically synchronizing to display backlight or source refresh rate for superior accuracy
- External trigger port for remote activation, push button activation for peripheral devices
The PR-655 is designed for an incredible array extensibility accessories that add new functionality, the following are just a few accessories covering the range of capabilities:
- Radiance and Luminance Accessories: Attach a fiber probe for remote non-line-of-sight luminance testing.
- Radiant and Luminous Flux Accessories: Use the LR-127 analyzer for testing LEDs to CIE 127.
- Radiant and Luminous Intensity Accessories: Neutral density source attenuation filters are available.
- Irradiance and Illuminance Accessories: Attach a Cosine Receptor that will measure irradiance or illuminance.
- Reflectance Accessories: RGB Display Caloption provides an interactive method for white point calibration based on spectral measurements.
- Display Luminance, Color, and Contrast
- Reflectance and Transmittance
- CRT, LCD, PDP, and Projector White Balance Calibration
- LED Testing
- Digital Cinemas
- Surface testing, e.g. paper, ink, and textiles
- Film and Video Post-production
- Medical/Dental Color Testing
- Automotive and Aerospace Display Testing
Features and Benefits
- Precise and Accurate Spectra Based Measurements
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Battery Powered for Absolute Mobility
- USB and Optional Bluetooth Interface
- Full Color Touch Screen
- SD Memory
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
WHITE PAPER: Measuring luminance and color of near-eye display virtual images
Photo Research develops solution which allows users to measure light from VR target areas in the range 0.3 – 6 mm.
WHITE PAPER: Spectroradiometers for measuring blue light in displays and lighting
Spectroradiometers can be used to measure blue light, providing spectral power distributions (or spectral radiance) and peak wavelengths
WHITE PAPER: Heads up and near eye display
What is a “virtual” image? At its most basic, a virtual image is an image that is projected into space. Typical devices that produce virtual images include corrective eye ware, binoculars, magnifying glasses, microscopes, telescopes, rifle scopes, near-eye displays, and heads-up displays.
WHITE PAPER: Integrated spectroscopy in compact analytical devices
As semiconductor technology continues to advance, improvements yield smaller, lower cost components that can often be embedded within a compact device while occupying a minimal footprint and offering ease of use