ThingMagic Mercury6e (M6e) (UHF) RAIN RFID
ThingMagic’s 4-port Mercury6e (M6e) embedded UHF RAIN® RFID reader module offers world leading performance, form factor, and time-to-market advantages for OEM, Value Added Reseller, and Solution Provider customers. It is designed to the performance standards of full size readers but is small and efficient enough to be used in mobile applications.
M6e supports 4 ports and will operate to a level of +31.5 dBm. Serial and USB interfaces are provided to support both board-to-board and board-to-host connectivity.
Features of the Mercury6e RFID reader module include:
- Multiprotocol support including EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) with DRM, ISO 18000-6B (optional) and IP-X (optional)
- Four 50 Ohm MMCX connectors supporting four monostatic antennas
- Separate read and write levels, command-adjustable from 5 dBm to 31.5 dBm (1.4W) with +/0.5 dBm accuracy above +15 dBm (Note: Due to regulatory restrictions, 31.5 dBm in North American region requires SKU M6E-A)
- Support for full 860 to 960 MHz UHF RFID carrier frequency range to accommodate worldwide regulations
- Standard SKU supports North America, EU, India, Korea, and Australia regions. M6E-JIC SKU supports China, Japan, and Israel (pending).
- TTL level asynchronous data interface supporting speeds up to 921.6 kbps
- USB 2.0 full speed device port (up to 12 Mbps)
- Operating temperature range of -40 C to +60 C
- Tag read rate of 750 tags/second using high-performance settings
- Maximum tag read distance of over 30 feet (9 m) with 6 dBi antenna
- 4 GPIO lines controlled through data interface