ThingMagic RAIN Starter Kit
Affordable RAIN® RFID Learning Platform
RAIN RFID is a wireless technology connecting billions of everyday items to the internet, enabling businesses and consumers to identify, locate, authenticate, and engage each item. The starter kit provides an easily accessible and affordable platform for students and hobbyists to use when learning to apply this technology, while also promoting best practices for using RAIN RFID.
ThingMagic RAIN Starter Kit consists of the ThingMagic RAIN reader, which is based on ThingMagic EL6e, and sample RAIN tags from RAIN RFID Alliance members. The starter kit delivers out-of-box item connectivity utilizing the Impinj Indy R500 RAIN RFID reader chip and sample RAIN tags from RAIN RFID Alliance members.
- Built around proven ThingMagic Nano module
- Highly integrated UHF RFID reader with ARM based Cortex-M4 architecture
- Board-mounted antenna with read range up to 2 meters
- USB interface simplifies communication
- RAIN Communication Interface supports RAIN RFID technology standards
- Speed and ease of integration due to all-in-one embedded solution that includes reader module, antenna, and processor to RFID-enable applications
- Support a new developer friendly interface between applications and RAIN RFID readers – RAIN Communication Interface (RCI). For more information on the RCI specification and the RAIN Alliance visit https://rainrfid.org/
- Not intended for professional use. Product includes 90-day warranty for manufacturing defects
Ideally suited scenarios include:
• Students and hobbyist looking to learn RAIN RFID technology and best practices for implementation