ThingMagic Mercury API
ThingMagic Mercury API makes it easy for system integrators, Original Equipment Manufacturers, and Independent Software Vendors to discover, provision and control ThingMagic readers. This removes the complexities and speeds RFID solution development, resulting in a quicker return on investment.
An extensive Software Development Kit (SDK) with example applications and sample code in Java, C, and C#, the Mercury API offers a consistent programmatic interface across all ThingMagic UHF fixed and embedded reader products. The intuitively designed and well documented Mercury API requires little RFID expertise, enabling developers to rapidly design and test:
- Reader and tag commands
- Advanced read functionality, such as setting antennas, protocols and filtering criteria
- Advanced tag operations, such as killing and locking tags
- Privacy and security features
- Performance and memory optimization
ThingMagic Mercury API is available for several different programming languages, is written in Java, C, and C#, and supports the following application types:
- .NET applications in the .NET Compact Framework v2.0
- Windows applications in the .NET Framework
- Windows applications in the Java Framework
- Linux (Intel) and MacOSX applications in the Java Framework
- Android applications in the Java Framework
- iOS application with Mercury API using Xcode framework
Mercury API communicates with readers through a TCP-based network connection or via local serial ports. For Android applications, the Java API includes built-in support for connecting to Mercury 6e and Mercury 5e series modules over Bluetooth. On-reader applications are supported on the Mercury6 and Astra-EX readers through the Mercury C API.
Mercury API is available to existing customers through Support Documentation.