ThingMagic Mercury API
The ThingMagic Mercury API makes it easy for system integrators, OEMs and ISVs to discover, provision and control ThingMagic readers – removing complexities, speeding RFID solution development and resulting in a quicker return on investment.
An extensive Software Development Kit (SDK) with example applications and sample code in Java, C, and C#, the Mercury API offers a consistent programmatic interface across all ThingMagic fixed and embedded reader products. The intuitively designed and well documented Mercury API requires little RFID expertise, enabling developers to rapidly design and test:
- Reader and tag commands
- Advanced read functionality such as setting antennas, protocols and filtering criteria
- Advanced tag operations such as killing and locking tags
- Privacy and security features
- Performance and memory optimization
The ThingMagic Mercury API is available for several different programming languages, is written in Java, C, and C#, and supports the following application types:
- .NET applications in the .NET Compact Framework v2.0
- Windows applications in the .NET Framework
- Windows applications in the Java Framework
- Linux (Intel) and MacOSX applications in the Java Framework
- Android applications in the Java Framework
- iOS application with Mercury API using Xcode framework
The Mercury API communicates with readers through a TCP-based network connection or via local serial ports. For Android applications, the Java API includes built-in support for connecting to Mercury 6e and Mercury 5e series modules over Bluetooth. On-reader applications are supported on the Mercury6 and Astra-EX readers through the Mercury C API.
The Mercury API is available to existing customers through ThingMagic website.