ThingMagic M2 (HF)
The ThingMagic M2 is the industry’s most secure multi-protocol embedded HF RFID reader module for OEMs and was designed specifically for encrypted authentication across a range of vertical markets.
Based on the same security standards used by the U.S. Department of Defense and financial sector, the ThingMagic M2 provides rich HF tag/protocol support and optimal performance for RFID embedded applications.
- Security: Based on best-in-class cryptographic standards, the ThingMagic M2 provides secure support for generic tags, saving customers 60–70% compared to tags that use proprietary security.
- Investment Protection: An open, flexible architecture that is forward compatible and highly scalable, it provides unparalleled investment protection.
- Superior Embeddabilty: The ThingMagic M2’s small size and intelligent software eases integration and provides customers with a significant cost-performance advantage.
- Standardized encryption algorithms (DES, 3DES, and AES)
- Secure hash functions (SHA and MD5)
- Internal Pseudo-Random Number Generator (PRNG)
- Support for proprietary encryption, such as Mifare and CryptoRF
- Support for future algorithms via on-board 7816 slot
- Peripheral devices for encryption algorithms and key storage
- Tagnostic™ support for more ISO 15693 and 14443 A/B tags than any other comparable reader.
- TagIQ™ recognizes the unique characteristics of each tag so that read/write performance is maximized.
- Common Blade form factor shares the same size, connection method, and software interface as the ThingMagic M9 UHF reader, optimizing design and solution flexibility.
- Firmware and ReaderDNA licensing allows customers to manufacture modules at cost.
- Miniscule footprint – 49% smaller than a standard-size business card
- Simple and intuitive API
- Best-in-class output power (200mW) and power management
- Noise reduction technology
- Software Adjustable Host Interfaces: UART (TTL), SPI, USB
- Seven General Purpose I/O