HS-1RL Secure Access Handheld Barcode Scanner
Enabling secure access and barcode scanning in a single healthcare device accessory
HS-1RL integrates 1D and 2D barcode scanning with RFID proximity card reading functionality in a single, ergonomic, and compact design. This allows clinicians to use their proximity ID badges for seamless and secure access while also capturing barcode data, such as patient wristbands or medication information, with a single device.
Comprised of medical grade materials, the HS-1RL combines dual technologies for many healthcare and hospital applications including:
- Nurse’s Carts
- Med Dispensing & Pharmacy
- Anesthesia Carts
- Patient Monitoring
- Blood Tracking
- Inventory Cabinets
- Infusion Pumps
- Pneumatic Systems Transport
- Ultrasound Machines
- POC / IVD Analyzers
HS-1RL enables user authentication and access for medical devices by utilizing the LF RFID/proximity badges used by most US hospitals for staff identification and physical access control.
This method for medical device log in enables the hospital to:
- Protect patient information by ensuring that only authorized users can access devices
- Ensure that the device operator has been trained
- Maintain an electronic record of staff members who have access the device to interact with the patient or administer medications
- Do so in a safe and efficient manner by quickly scanning the staff members ID badge, instead of using a password or other methods that can spread infection or add a significant amount of time to the clinician workflow
JADAK provides a full suite of support and services for the HS-1RL, including cost effective ways to adapt the HS-1RL to meet your specific needs. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-388-0490.
Looking for technical documentation for this product? Visit the Support Page