Flexpoint HS-1 and HS-2 Handheld Barcode and RFID Scanner Series
Flexpoint HS-1 Series Handheld Barcode Scanner
The Flexpoint HS-1 Series 1D/2D Presentation Barcode Scanner is JADAK’s original presentation scanner specifically designed for the healthcare industry and for high-performance scanning of 1D and 2D barcodes even damaged and poorly printed barcodes found in real world circumstances. The Flexpoint HS-1 Series is capable of reading the most popular healthcare barcodes like GS1 Databar, and can interpret all of the most popularly used 1D/2D code standards.
The Flexpoint HS-1 Series has a number of specialized models to address different demands of healthcare operations:
- HS-1 Presentation Barcode Scanner: the base model, provides all the high-performance features of the Flexpoint series (see features and benefits below), but is additionally capable of capturing paper documents as 8-bit grayscale digital images.
- HS-1M Presentation Barcode Scanner: the HS-1 with mounting options for hands-free use on medical carts, IV poles, desktops and walls
- HS-1E Handheld Barcode Scanner: Combines the quality and performance of the Flexpoint line, in an affordable design for non-medical applications.
- HS-1R HF RFID Reading & Writing with 1D/2D Barcode Scanning: equipped to read high-frequency (HF) RFID tags and support numerous HF standards.
- HS-1RL, Secure Access Handheld Barcode Scanner: the latest and only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design. Completely redesigned and engineered to provide maximum staff mobility, minimal footprint both in form factor and system requirements, superior performance over previous models, and enhanced functionality. It reads proximity cards with secure user authentication to address the FDA and the Healthcare Industry Cybersecurity Task Force recommendations for strong authentication, and patient information protection, while further eliminating manual data entry to greatly reduce errors.
The HS1-RL has the following features:
- Allows clinicians to use their proximity ID badges for seamless and secure access while also capturing barcode data, such as patient wristbands or medication information, with a single device.
- High performance in scan speed, motion tolerance, curved surfaces and poor/damaged barcodes
- Support for a broad range of low frequency (LF) RFID credential types, including HID Prox badges
- The HS-1 can be comfortably placed on a flexible neck available in varying lengths, mounted to an IV pole or wall with the self clamping option, or be used handheld where vibrate mode signals to the user successful reads and errors by tactile feedback.
- Constructed of materials built to withstand medical environments and chemical cleaners, it’s sleek ergonomic form factor is comfortable and sealed to prevent internal contamination.
Flexpoint HS-2 Series Wireless Bluetooth Barcode Scanner
The Flexpoint HS-2 Series Wireless Bluetooth Barcode Scanner is JADAK’s secure access handheld barcode with RFID capability specifically designed for the demands of healthcare professionals—JADAK offers unparalleled scanning performance for tracking patients, surgical equipment, medical drugs, clinical identification and access, as well as engineering services for customization options that meet unique and demanding requirements.
Two enhanced variants of the Flexpoint HS-2 model comes RFID capable or enhanced with magnetic protection.
- The HS-2R model is equipped to read high-frequency (HF) RFID tags (13.56MHz) and support numerous HF standards.
- The HS-2MRI model is redesigned with minimal ferromagnetic material to operate safely in environments with strong magnetic fields such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) applications.
The Flexpoint HS-2 Series is capable of reading the most popular healthcare barcodes like GS1 Databar, and can interpret all of the most popularly used 1D/2D code standards.
Its mobile bluetooth design allows for maximum mobility and energy efficient LED illumination extends its battery life for a full 8 hour shift before requiring recharge.
|MODEL||BARCODE / RFID||IP54SEALED||CHANGE NOTIFICATION||CORDLESS||MRI COMPATIBLE|
|HS-1E||1D&2D barcode||No||3 months||No||No|
|HS-1M||1D&2D barcode||Yes||12 months||No||No|
|HS-2||1D&2D barcode||Yes||12 months||Yes||No|
|HS-2MRI||1D&2D barcode||Yes||12 months||Yes||Yes|
HS-1 and HS-2 Features and Benefits
- Bluetooth, cordless scanning for maximum operator mobility
- Sealed housing, manufactured with medical grade plastics (IP54 graded) for easy and thorough cleaning
- Flexible charging stand allows for presentation scanning, and can be mounted on gooseneck, monitor or medical device
- Compact, ergonomic and flexible design
- Capable of reading the most popular healthcare barcodes like GS1 Databar, and can interpret all of the most popularly used 1D/2D code standards
- Tactile feedback – a programmable vibrate mode provides feedback on a good read or if an error occurs
- Audio, visual or tactile safety feedback system for real-time user notification in case of error
- Clinician identification and access: secure identification of staff in order to enable access to inventory, a device or log an event
- Patient identification
- Drug identification & medical management, ensures adherence to patients five-rights at point of care: right patient, right medication, right dose, right route, right time
- Blood sample tracking, specimen collection and blood infusion safety
- Ensures chain of custody integrity, collection through analysis, by reliably reading CLSI labelled specimen containers
- Reagent scanning and tracking
- Surgical instrument identification & sterilization tracking
- Consumable identification in the hospital or clinical laboratory
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
ARTICLE: Keonn’s components used for supply chain tracking
A multinational car manufacturer has implemented RFID portals in its industrial facilities using Keonn’s readers and antennas, to enable real-time traceability for the entire supply chain.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic RFID helps Disney employees get into character
Employees at Disney's theme parks, as well as on its cruise ships, have an easy start to their day when it comes to retrieving costumes. A worker can simply locate a required garment within a storage room, bring it to an RFID-enabled self-service kiosk, present his or her ID badge and walk away. The company installed the RFID-based solution at most of its parks worldwide last year, managing close to $100 million worth of costumes, as a way for staff members to more quickly check their garments in and out
ARTICLE: Boiler maker Vaillant Group uses RFID to drive efficiencies in monitoring work-in-progress
The Vaillant Group uses RFID to monitor the movement of boilers through the assembly process and trigger guidance to operators on which manufacturing step is needed next, as well as providing visibility to each boiler during process.
WEBINAR: RFID applications in laboratory automation to validate and track reagents
In today’s rapidly changing medical testing environment, laboratory processes are becoming more efficient through the use of sophisticated diagnostic instruments, increased automation, and other commercially available technology. RFID applications in laboratory automation is more common, especially to validate and track consumables, such as reagents.