Flexpoint HS-1 Handheld Barcode and RFID Scanner Series
Flexpoint HS-1 Series Handheld Barcode Scanner
The Flexpoint HS-1 Series 1D/2D Presentation Barcode Scanner is JADAK’s original presentation scanner specifically designed for the healthcare industry and for high-performance scanning of 1D and 2D barcodes even damaged and poorly printed barcodes found in real world circumstances. The Flexpoint HS-1 Series is capable of reading the most popular healthcare barcodes like GS1 Databar, and can interpret all of the most popularly used 1D/2D code standards.
The Flexpoint HS-1 Series has a number of specialized models to address different demands of healthcare operations:
- HS-1 Presentation Barcode Scanner: the base model, provides all the high-performance features of the Flexpoint series (see features and benefits below), but is additionally capable of capturing paper documents as 8-bit grayscale digital images.
- HS-1M Presentation Barcode Scanner: the HS-1 with mounting options for hands-free use on medical carts, IV poles, desktops and walls
- HS-1E Handheld Barcode Scanner: Combines the quality and performance of the Flexpoint line, in an affordable design for non-medical applications.
- HS-1R HF RFID Reading & Writing with 1D/2D Barcode Scanning: equipped to read high-frequency (HF) RFID tags and support numerous HF standards.
- HS-1RL, Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner: the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design. Completely redesigned and engineered to provide maximum staff mobility, minimal footprint both in form factor and system requirements, superior performance over previous models, and enhanced functionality.
- HS-1RS, Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner: the latest in the series and the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design. Enabled with industry-leading Imprivata software, it reads all types of contactless or smartcards as well as proximity cards with secure user authentication to address the FDA and the Healthcare Industry Cybersecurity Task Force recommendations for strong authentication, and patient information protection, while further eliminating manual data entry to greatly reduce errors and hospital acquired infections (HAIs).
The HS-1RS has the following features:
- Enabled with industry-leading Imprivata software
- Allows clinicians to use their proximity ID badges for seamless and secure access while also capturing barcode data, such as patient wristbands or medication information, with a single device.
- High performance in scan speed, motion tolerance, curved surfaces and poor/damaged barcodes
- Support for a broad range of high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID credential types, including HID Prox badges
- Constructed of materials built to withstand medical environments and chemical cleaners, it’s sleek ergonomic form factor is comfortable and sealed to prevent internal contamination.
|MODEL||BARCODE / RFID||IP54SEALED||CHANGE NOTIFICATION||CORDLESS||MRI COMPATIBLE|
|HS-1E||1D&2D barcode||No||3 months||No||No|
|HS-1M||1D&2D barcode||Yes||12 months||No||No|
HF & LF RFID
HS-1 Features and Benefits
- Sealed housing, manufactured with medical grade plastics (IP54 graded) for easy and thorough cleaning
- Flexible charging stand allows for presentation scanning, and can be mounted on gooseneck, monitor or medical device
- Compact, ergonomic and flexible design
- Capable of reading the most popular healthcare barcodes like GS1 Databar, and can interpret all of the most popularly used 1D/2D code standards
- Tactile feedback – a programmable vibrate mode provides feedback on a good read or if an error occurs
- Audio, visual or tactile safety feedback system for real-time user notification in case of error
- Clinician identification and access: secure identification of staff in order to enable access to inventory, a device or log an event
- Patient identification
- Drug identification & medical management, ensures adherence to patients five-rights at point of care: right patient, right medication, right dose, right route, right time
- Blood sample tracking, specimen collection and blood infusion safety
- Ensures chain of custody integrity, collection through analysis, by reliably reading CLSI labelled specimen containers
- Reagent scanning and tracking
- Surgical instrument identification & sterilization tracking
- Consumable identification in the hospital or clinical laboratory
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
ARTICLE: Delivering fast, safe, and secure access to clinical applications and vital signs devices with Imprivata
Delivering fast, safe, and secure access to clinical applications and vital signs devices with Imprivata
VIDEO: JADAK HS-1RS Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner for Healthcare Demonstration
The latest in the series and the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic Mercury Dynamic Q Values
RFID systems with large tag populations, signal collision is the factor in contributing to the read rate. ThingMagic readers have adapted the dynamic Q algorithm to overcome tag collisions.
ARTICLE: Understanding RAINstream
RAINstream by JADAK is an optional on-reader application that simplifies the integration of RFID data into existing enterprise or other data-driven systems.