ThingMagic® Elara UHF RAIN RFID Reader
The ThingMagic Elara (UHF) RAIN RFID Reader is an all-in-one plug-and-play USB RFID scanner for short and medium range applications that require a quick setup and easy customization, powered by the ARM based Cortex-M4 architecture and integrated antenna reaching up to 6 ft (2m) read range.
Based on the proven ThingMagic Nano module, and with industry standard RAIN Communication Interface (RCI), the Elara supports pre-loaded autonomous workflows covering the most common use cases, so no RFID expertise is required to setup and operate the unit.
RCI, the newest in developer-friendly interfaces, allows for unique customization for application designers beyond the standard workflows without the reliance on software development kits (SDKs). A self-contained form factor constructed of health industry grade plastic encloses the reader module, antenna and processor, all that is needed to setup and get started, with a USB interface standard, customizable to RS-232 interface.
It has a max range of 6 ft (2 m) with USB power source, and it supports the EPC Gen2V2 and ISO 18000-63 standard, reading tags at a rate of 65 tags/sec.
Features and Benefits
- Built around proven ThingMagic technology
- ARM based Cortex-M4 architecture and integrated antenna with read range up to 2 meters
- Standard USB interface with keyboard emulation and bi-directional COM interface capability
- Enclosure made of healthcare plastics
- Pre-loaded autonomous workflows simplify integration, and enable software-free operation
- RAIN Communication Interface supports RAIN RFID technology standards
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2V2 Protocol (ISO 18000-63)
Product Specific Applications
- Medical equipment for healthcare and pharmaceutical Industries
- Manufacturing work in progress, kit assembly and returns processing stations
- Tag commissioning stations
- Hospitality and event registration
- Retail point of sales
- Document tracking
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
VIDEO: JADAK HS-1RS Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner for Healthcare Demonstration
The latest in the series and the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic Mercury Dynamic Q Values
RFID systems with large tag populations, signal collision is the factor in contributing to the read rate. ThingMagic readers have adapted the dynamic Q algorithm to overcome tag collisions.
ARTICLE: Understanding RAINstream
RAINstream by JADAK is an optional on-reader application that simplifies the integration of RFID data into existing enterprise or other data-driven systems.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic readers support ISO18000-6C standards
UHF modules and finish readers support the ISO18000-6C standard