ThingMagic® M1-Mini Shielded HF Embedded RFID Module
The ThingMagic® M1-Mini Embedded HF RFID Reader for OEM designers is the world’s smallest, self-contained embedded HF RFID reader equipping any industrial or medical portable device capabilities to read and write to ISO 15693 tags.
The M1-Mini’s transponder reads at high-frequency, 13.56 MHz, with an effective range of 3.5–5.0 cm, and has the option of extending its read range by attaching to a 50-ohm external antenna.
Further, the module has a customizable power scheme to improve power efficiency in battery operated devices, controlled by configuring the on-board power regulator between 3.2 V–6 V, and by using the Start-Up command and Sleep Mode, which sets current as low as 50 μA.
Three host interfaces are available for maximum flexibility: UART (TTL) adjustable baud rate of 4800–57600 bps, I2C ranged up to 400 kHz, and SPI ranged up to 3 MHz.
Features and Benefits
- Smallest embedded RFID reader available
- Designed for rapid and seamless integration
- Certifications include: FCC Modular (U.S.A), IC (Canada), and R&TTE (EU-RED)
- ISO 15693 air interface protocol support
- TagIQ™ recognizes the unique characteristics of each tag so that read/write performance is maximized
- Simple intuitive API with configurable power scheme
- On-board regulator and power management ideal for mobile and small devices
- Expanded range with attachable antenna
- Multiple interface options with software adjustable baud rates
- In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD): Automatically ID test kits, samples, reagents and other consumables
- Kiosks and vending machines
- Mobile devices including printers, handhelds and sensor networks
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
VIDEO: JADAK HS-1RS Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner for Healthcare Demonstration
The latest in the series and the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic Mercury Dynamic Q Values
RFID systems with large tag populations, signal collision is the factor in contributing to the read rate. ThingMagic readers have adapted the dynamic Q algorithm to overcome tag collisions.
ARTICLE: Understanding RAINstream
RAINstream by JADAK is an optional on-reader application that simplifies the integration of RFID data into existing enterprise or other data-driven systems.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic readers support ISO18000-6C standards
UHF modules and finish readers support the ISO18000-6C standard