ThingMagic® M1-Mini Shielded HF Embedded RFID Module
The ThingMagic® M1-Mini Embedded HF RFID Reader for OEM designers is the world’s smallest, self-contained embedded HF RFID reader equipping any industrial or medical portable device capabilities to read and write to ISO 15693 tags.
The M1-Mini’s transponder reads at high-frequency, 13.56 MHz, with an effective range of 3.5–5.0 cm, and has the option of extending its read range by attaching to a 50-ohm external antenna.
Further, the module has a customizable power scheme to improve power efficiency in battery operated devices, controlled by configuring the on-board power regulator between 3.2 V–6 V, and by using the Start-Up command and Sleep Mode, which sets current as low as 50 μA.
Three host interfaces are available for maximum flexibility: UART (TTL) adjustable baud rate of 4800–57600 bps, I2C ranged up to 400 kHz, and SPI ranged up to 3 MHz.
Features and Benefits
- Smallest embedded RFID reader available
- Designed for rapid and seamless integration
- Certifications include: FCC Modular (U.S.A), IC (Canada), and R&TTE (EU-RED)
- ISO 15693 air interface protocol support
- TagIQ™ recognizes the unique characteristics of each tag so that read/write performance is maximized
- Simple intuitive API with configurable power scheme
- On-board regulator and power management ideal for mobile and small devices
- Expanded range with attachable antenna
- Multiple interface options with software adjustable baud rates
- In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD): Automatically ID test kits, samples, reagents and other consumables
- Kiosks and vending machines
- Mobile devices including printers, handhelds and sensor networks
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
CASE STUDY: RFID for a safer school environment
RFID tags were affixed to the childrens’ bicycles and each time they rode through the school gate, a special custom-designed RFID cabinet containing a fixed reader would log the arrival of that child.
CASE STUDY: RFID for train car location and tracking
Train cars were equipped with an RFID tag and JADAK IZAR RFID readers were placed at multiple locations along the tracks. Combined with smart user software, this allows RSN to quickly retrieve the correct location of a train car.
WHITEPAPER: Improving Healthcare Asset Management with RAIN RFID Technology
This white paper explains how healthcare organizations are using RAIN RFID technology for asset management to drive improvements in hospital operations and patient care.
How RFID can improve supply chain and patient safety in the COVID era
Today’s custom RFID applications have found new and greater significance in the medical space. By enabling item-level visibility, health organizations can directly enhance human biosafety and make their supply chains more accurate and responsive. But these applications are far from the over-the-counter solutions that can be found online. To reap these RFID benefits, custom engineering shops leverage several technologies, like AI and blockchain, in tandem with RFID tags hardened against harsh environments, to make the tracking of small things possible and bringing the story of their data to life.