ThingMagic® M1-Mini Shielded HF Embedded RFID Module
The ThingMagic® M1-Mini Embedded HF RFID Reader for OEM designers is the world’s smallest, self-contained embedded HF RFID reader equipping any industrial or medical portable device capabilities to read and write to ISO 15693 tags.
The M1-Mini’s transponder reads at high-frequency, 13.56 MHz, with an effective range of 3.5–5.0 cm, and has the option of extending its read range by attaching to a 50-ohm external antenna.
Further, the module has a customizable power scheme to improve power efficiency in battery operated devices, controlled by configuring the on-board power regulator between 3.2 V–6 V, and by using the Start-Up command and Sleep Mode, which sets current as low as 50 μA.
Three host interfaces are available for maximum flexibility: UART (TTL) adjustable baud rate of 4800–57600 bps, I2C ranged up to 400 kHz, and SPI ranged up to 3 MHz.
Features and Benefits
- Smallest embedded RFID reader available
- Designed for rapid and seamless integration
- Certifications include: FCC Modular (U.S.A), IC (Canada), and R&TTE (EU-RED)
- ISO 15693 air interface protocol support
- TagIQ™ recognizes the unique characteristics of each tag so that read/write performance is maximized
- Simple intuitive API with configurable power scheme
- On-board regulator and power management ideal for mobile and small devices
- Expanded range with attachable antenna
- Multiple interface options with software adjustable baud rates
- In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD): Automatically ID test kits, samples, reagents and other consumables
- Kiosks and vending machines
- Mobile devices including printers, handhelds and sensor networks
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
ARTICLE: Keonn’s components used for supply chain tracking
A multinational car manufacturer has implemented RFID portals in its industrial facilities using Keonn’s readers and antennas, to enable real-time traceability for the entire supply chain.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic RFID helps Disney employees get into character
Employees at Disney's theme parks, as well as on its cruise ships, have an easy start to their day when it comes to retrieving costumes. A worker can simply locate a required garment within a storage room, bring it to an RFID-enabled self-service kiosk, present his or her ID badge and walk away. The company installed the RFID-based solution at most of its parks worldwide last year, managing close to $100 million worth of costumes, as a way for staff members to more quickly check their garments in and out
ARTICLE: Boiler maker Vaillant Group uses RFID to drive efficiencies in monitoring work-in-progress
The Vaillant Group uses RFID to monitor the movement of boilers through the assembly process and trigger guidance to operators on which manufacturing step is needed next, as well as providing visibility to each boiler during process.