ThingMagic® M1-Mini Shielded HF Embedded RFID Module
The ThingMagic® M1-Mini Embedded HF RFID Reader for OEM designers is the world’s smallest, self-contained embedded HF RFID reader equipping any industrial or medical portable device capabilities to read and write to ISO 15693 tags.
The M1-Mini’s transponder reads at high-frequency, 13.56 MHz, with an effective range of 3.5–5.0 cm, and has the option of extending its read range by attaching to a 50-ohm external antenna.
Further, the module has a customizable power scheme to improve power efficiency in battery operated devices, controlled by configuring the on-board power regulator between 3.2 V–6 V, and by using the Start-Up command and Sleep Mode, which sets current as low as 50 μA.
Three host interfaces are available for maximum flexibility: UART (TTL) adjustable baud rate of 4800–57600 bps, I2C ranged up to 400 kHz, and SPI ranged up to 3 MHz.
Features and Benefits
- Smallest embedded RFID reader available
- Designed for rapid and seamless integration
- Certifications include: FCC Modular (U.S.A), IC (Canada), and R&TTE (EU-RED)
- ISO 15693 air interface protocol support
- TagIQ™ recognizes the unique characteristics of each tag so that read/write performance is maximized
- Simple intuitive API with configurable power scheme
- On-board regulator and power management ideal for mobile and small devices
- Expanded range with attachable antenna
- Multiple interface options with software adjustable baud rates
- In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD): Automatically ID test kits, samples, reagents and other consumables
- Kiosks and vending machines
- Mobile devices including printers, handhelds and sensor networks
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
ARTICLE: Delivering fast, safe, and secure access to clinical applications and vital signs devices with Imprivata
Delivering fast, safe, and secure access to clinical applications and vital signs devices with Imprivata
VIDEO: JADAK HS-1RS Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner for Healthcare Demonstration
The latest in the series and the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic Mercury Dynamic Q Values
RFID systems with large tag populations, signal collision is the factor in contributing to the read rate. ThingMagic readers have adapted the dynamic Q algorithm to overcome tag collisions.
ARTICLE: Understanding RAINstream
RAINstream by JADAK is an optional on-reader application that simplifies the integration of RFID data into existing enterprise or other data-driven systems.