ThingMagic® USB Pro UHF Reader
The ThingMagic USB Pro UHF RAIN RFID Reader is an all-in-one USB RFID reader for short and medium range applications that require a quick setup and easy customization.
Based on ThingMagic’s M6e-micro LTE RFID module, the USB Pro is compatible with ThingMagic’s Mercury API application (including Universal Reader Assistant) which provides superior control over ThingMagic devices for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and independent software vendors (ISV), and eases design complexities while accelerating development.
A self-contained form factor encloses the reader module, antenna and processor, all that is needed to setup and get started, with a USB interface standard. It has a max range of 4 ft (1.2 m) with USB power source, and it supports the EPC Gen2V2 and ISO 18000-63 standard, reading tags at a rate of 50 tags/sec. The USB Pro can be customized for frequencies in regions outside of the Americas, European Union (EU), India, Korea, Australia, China, and Japan, for additional RFID standard protocols, and read range can be extended to 30 ft (10 m) using the external RP-SMA antenna connector.
Features and Benefits
- Support for EPC global Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C)
- Powered by USB connection to notebook or desktop PC
- ThingMagic reader assistant software and applications development tools
- Support for full 860 to 960 MHz UHF RFID carrier frequency range to accommodate worldwide regulations
- Wide power range from -5 to +30 dBm
- Tag read rate up to 50 tags/second
- Tag read distance up to 10 m (30 feet) with external antenna and up to 1.2 m (4 feet) distance, depending on tag sensitivity and orientation with internal antenna with max RF power
- Operating temperature range -40 to +60º C with appropriate duty cycle
- High impact plastic case
- Dimensions: 97 mm L x 61 mm W x 25 mm H (3.8 in L x 2.4 in W x 1.0 in H)
Product Specific Applications
- Medical equipment for healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- Manufacturing work in progress, kit assembly and returns processing stations
- Tag commissioning stations
- Hospitality and event registration
- Retail point of sales
- Document tracking
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
ARTICLE: Delivering fast, safe, and secure access to clinical applications and vital signs devices with Imprivata
Delivering fast, safe, and secure access to clinical applications and vital signs devices with Imprivata
VIDEO: JADAK HS-1RS Secure Access Handheld RFID and Barcode Scanner for Healthcare Demonstration
The latest in the series and the only healthcare-ready handheld scanner on the market today to combine both 1D/2D barcode and high frequency (HF) and low frequency (LF) RFID reading capabilities in a single, ergonomic, compact design.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic Mercury Dynamic Q Values
RFID systems with large tag populations, signal collision is the factor in contributing to the read rate. ThingMagic readers have adapted the dynamic Q algorithm to overcome tag collisions.
ARTICLE: Understanding RAINstream
RAINstream by JADAK is an optional on-reader application that simplifies the integration of RFID data into existing enterprise or other data-driven systems.