ThingMagic® USB Pro UHF Reader
The ThingMagic USB Pro UHF RAIN RFID Reader is an all-in-one USB RFID reader for short and medium range applications that require a quick setup and easy customization.
Based on ThingMagic’s M6e-micro LTE RFID module, the USB Pro is compatible with ThingMagic’s Mercury API application (including Universal Reader Assistant) which provides superior control over ThingMagic devices for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and independent software vendors (ISV), and eases design complexities while accelerating development.
A self-contained form factor encloses the reader module, antenna and processor, all that is needed to setup and get started, with a USB interface standard. It has a max range of 4 ft (1.2 m) with USB power source, and it supports the EPC Gen2V2 and ISO 18000-63 standard, reading tags at a rate of 50 tags/sec. The USB Pro can be customized for frequencies in regions outside of the Americas, European Union (EU), India, Korea, Australia, China, and Japan, for additional RFID standard protocols, and read range can be extended to 30 ft (10 m) using the external RP-SMA antenna connector.
Features and Benefits
- Support for EPC global Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C)
- Powered by USB connection to notebook or desktop PC
- ThingMagic reader assistant software and applications development tools
- Support for full 860 to 960 MHz UHF RFID carrier frequency range to accommodate worldwide regulations
- Wide power range from -5 to +30 dBm
- Tag read rate up to 50 tags/second
- Tag read distance up to 10 m (30 feet) with external antenna and up to 1.2 m (4 feet) distance, depending on tag sensitivity and orientation with internal antenna with max RF power
- Operating temperature range -40 to +60º C with appropriate duty cycle
- High impact plastic case
- Dimensions: 97 mm L x 61 mm W x 25 mm H (3.8 in L x 2.4 in W x 1.0 in H)
Product Specific Applications
- Medical equipment for healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- Manufacturing work in progress, kit assembly and returns processing stations
- Tag commissioning stations
- Hospitality and event registration
- Retail point of sales
- Document tracking
The JADAK Difference
With decades of medical and industrial engineering expertise, JADAK is a market leader and primary supplier of custom machine vision, RFID, barcode, printing, and color and light measurement products and services for original equipment manufacturers. Our team of advanced-degree engineers become an extension of your team, gain a deep understanding of your application, then, develop and implement a solution that’s a precise fit. All supported by full lifecycle management of your product.
Five Solutions for Medical Device Security
Combat IoMT security concerns for healthcare including data privacy, device software security, device identity/authentication, and network security.
ARTICLE: Keonn’s components used for supply chain tracking
A multinational car manufacturer has implemented RFID portals in its industrial facilities using Keonn’s readers and antennas, to enable real-time traceability for the entire supply chain.
ARTICLE: ThingMagic RFID helps Disney employees get into character
Employees at Disney's theme parks, as well as on its cruise ships, have an easy start to their day when it comes to retrieving costumes. A worker can simply locate a required garment within a storage room, bring it to an RFID-enabled self-service kiosk, present his or her ID badge and walk away. The company installed the RFID-based solution at most of its parks worldwide last year, managing close to $100 million worth of costumes, as a way for staff members to more quickly check their garments in and out
ARTICLE: Boiler maker Vaillant Group uses RFID to drive efficiencies in monitoring work-in-progress
The Vaillant Group uses RFID to monitor the movement of boilers through the assembly process and trigger guidance to operators on which manufacturing step is needed next, as well as providing visibility to each boiler during process.