Sales Account Manager
Job Title: Sales Account Manager
Reports To: OEM Sales Leader
Location: North Syracuse, NY
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
In this role you will be responsible for all sales activities in an assigned market, from lead generation through close. This includes the development and implementation of a Sales / Business Plan that will meet both personal and business goals tied to expanding the customer base in the assigned market.
- Responsible for the sale of JADAK’s products and services to target markets, primarily medical device manufacturers.
- Meet with customers to give effective presentations of JADAK’s capabilities and to uncover opportunities with the customer.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of pricing and proposal models and processes.
- Utilize various teams to achieve goals and customer satisfaction:
- Work with application engineer(s) to determine requirements.
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business managers and decision makers.
- Work with a program manager to ensure schedules and requirements are met.
- Work with the sales team to ensure deliveries are met.
- Develop annual business plan(s) in conjunction with OEM leader. Business plan will detail activities that will focus the Sales Manager on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on targeted decision makers, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the JADAK solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing customer relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective key influencer relationships within target accounts to maximize revenue.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business information for evaluating, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects’ business problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft CRM to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to customers, prospects and company employees.
- Position is an indivdiual contributor role.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience required.
- Direct Experience with engineering / product development processes within large, complex organizations required.
- Experience with Solution Based Selling principles required.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management and strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements required; experience with healthcare industry a plus.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals required.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas required.
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.