Service Technician for PRI Operations
POSITION OVERVIEW: Photo Research is a world leader and innovator in high precision scientific grade electro-optical instrumentation and systems providing a comprehensive range of products and services to improve precision and quality. The Service Technician is responsible for the manufacture and service of PRI products. The Service Technician should be able to evaluate instruments and prepare service quotations. Calibrate and repair newly assembled instruments with the help of schematics.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform service related activities including assembly, pre-calibration, repair, and calibration in support of customer returns.
- Perform production related activities including assembly, alignment, calibration and quality control in support of customer orders.
- Ensure production and service is completed in compliance with technical requirements and industry standards.
- Foster a high-performing team environment through daily communication with supervisor and colleagues in all manufacturing areas.
- Work with manufacturing team to meet production schedules, including overtime as required by production needs.
- Provide regular feedback to management regarding potential product and assembly process improvements.
- Comply with all company policies and programs, to include those regarding ethics, conduct, safety, security, ISO, and continuous improvement.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: Assembly, electronics, work standards, electronics calibration, quality control.
Skills: Experience in testing printed circuit boards and troubleshooting boards at component level with the use of digital and analog schematics. Ability to calculate averages, standard deviation and other basic math functions with the use of Microsoft Excel. Ability to read assembly drawings & follow work instructions. Experience in optical component cleaning and handling. Microsoft Office proficiency.
Education: High school degree or equivalent required. Associates degree is preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience required, 3+ years preferred in troubleshooting / RCA / service or related field.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position will report to the Operations Manager.
AUTHORITIES/DECISIONS MADE AS PART OF REGULAR DUTIES: This position will be responsible for the quality manufacture & service of opto-electronic products.
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: Regularly lift 30-50 pounds & perform repetitive tasks. Regularly possess manual dexterity to handle electronic components and assemblies.