Software Engineer- Application Development
Job Title: Software Engineer- Application Development
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Location: N. Syracuse, NY
In this exciting and challenging role you will work with JADAK, a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized product solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
JADAK is looking for a Software Engineer to help to create application software to run primarily on Windows-based client computers. This person will work cross-functionally with program management, engineering, and our customers to develop software that will interface with various types of cameras and sensors. GUI framework experience and strong debugging capabilities are essential. In addition, the candidate will occasionally work on some projects to develop embedded code, providing barcode and machine vision solutions for laboratory medical equipment. Projects range from small programs of less than one month to large multi-year programs.
- Contribute as a software developer on multiple simultaneous programs
- Actively participate as a member of a cross-functional team in order to appropriately plan and schedule programs
- Effectively report status, concerns and make recommendations in team meetings
- Lead software design and code reviews
- Participate in customer conference calls and travel to customer as needed
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in software engineering or computer science
- 3-7 years of experience as a programmer
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated Software debugging skills
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- Understanding of the .NET Framework (C#)
- Experience in a popular GUI framework
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to document techniques and algorithms for implementation by others
- Work well in fast paced environment
- Proven ability to interface with customers and lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Qt Application framework for GUI design
- Embedded software design
- Experience in communication protocols (Bluetooth, Ethernet, Serial, USB)
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.