Sr. Cost Accountant
JADAK has an open Cost Accountant and Financial Analyst position that will report directly to the Controller. JADAK is a supplier of custom OEM data collection products and engineering services servicing key vertical OEM markets. JADAK customizes hardware, software and service solutions from the top manufacturers in the automatic identification and data collection industries.
Responsible professional accounting work, including analyzing and verifying fiscal records and reports, preparing financial and statistical reports, providing information to management, help improve accounting practices and procedures, reconciling general ledger accounts, help prepare for audits, and performs related work as required. Applies principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information. Plans and collects data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor. Analyzes data obtained and records results, using ERP computer system. Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services. References and salary history required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Make sure inventory is accurate in the system
- Make sure the BOM’s are accurate in the system
- Make sure the inventory and BOM costing is accurate.
- Help establish the correct direct, indirect, manufacturing overhead, and warranty costs for the product costing sheets.
- Review and report the inventory turns.
- Help identify ways to increase inventory turns.
- Review, monitor, and report on Purchase Price Variances
- Make sure our final assembly costing is accurate and ties back to the original cost and pricing analysis.
- Help project short term cash flow by delivering weekly inventory and PO commitments.
- Make sure the WO’s are closed properly and the variances are reviewed and corrected daily/weekly.
- Manage costing and gross margin analysis.
- Work with sales to establish custom product pricing.
- Work with purchasing to review and analyze inventory and BOM cost reports and corrections. Help with the product standard cost changes and updates. Oversee the quarterly inventory physical process.
- Help manufacturing with proper inventory levels and turn analysis.
- Oversee the monthly commission process and reporting. Compare the commission gross profit to the actual gross profit set at the time of the JADAK proposal.
- Work with the finance group to prepare journal entries, reconcile general ledger and subsidiary accounts; prepare monthly draft financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments.
- Help prepare audit schedules for external auditors.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Accounting degree and 5+ years experience with a manufacturing company. Worked with an ERP software system, and a big plus if it was IntuitiveMFG. Considered a plus if the person has work experience with an engineering to order manufacturing company. Must have a good working knowledge of GAAP and cost accounting.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Knowledge of: (at entry)
Generally accepted accounting practices and principles – GAAP;
Auditing practices and principles; budgeting practices and principles;
Management accounting and manufacturing costing principles;
Computer applications related to the work;
Standard office practices and procedures;
Applicable laws, codes and regulations; cost accounting using an ERP software system.
Skill in: (at entry)
Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines;
Maintaining accurate financial records and preparing clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing and operational use;
Reconciling accounts, records, reports and journals;
Preparing financial and/or auditor statements, schedules and reports;
Reviewing and verifying accuracy of data;
Maintaining accounting records;
Making sound, independent judgments within established polices and procedures;
and Communication to interact effectively with co-workers, managers, subordinates and the general public sufficient to convey information and to receive work direction.