Sr. Manager Sales Operations
Job Title: Director, Global Sales Operations (or Senior Manager)
Reports To: VP, Global Sales
Location: N. Syracuse, NY
JADAK is a leader in embedded bar code, machine vision, printers, RFID and computing products, providing both off-the-shelf and optimized solutions for major medical device manufacturers worldwide. JADAK has successfully designed, integrated and rolled out solutions in almost every area of the healthcare eco-system. JADAK products and technologies can be found in healthcare applications such as hospital admissions, pharmacies, laboratories, bedside point of care applications, surgery rooms and more.
The Director of Global Sales is responsible for advancing and supporting the capabilities essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, goal setting and management, sales process optimization, and sales compensation design and administration. A key focus will be the development of globally consistent plans, processes, reports and metrics. Specific responsibilities include:This position is a business partner to the sales leaership team across 3 regions with the goal of having common methods and practices in each geographic region.
This role will increase the effectiveness of JADAK’s global sales organization in setting and achieving the specificbusiness
objectives set forth each year. The Director, Sales Operations will work closely with the sales leadership teams of all three regions—Americas, EMEA and APAC—and with stakeholders in other departments to plan and execute strategies and to build capabilities that give JADAK’s sales teams a winning advantage, to include:
Sales / Revenue Reporting
- Lead the development of globally consistent reports and metrics.
- Report weekly revenue & bookings results to
- Prepare sales summary reports for management team to have insight and make better business decisions.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of sales management reporting from each of the three regions.
- Develop and utilize pivot tables, forecasting models to provide insight into the organization’s performance and business plans.
- Leverage the information systems within the company to optimize decision-making and planning.
- Support the executive management team to develop short-, medium-, and long-term plans.
Sales Force Leadership and Compensation
- With input from the sales leadership, coordinate:
- The 5 year business plans for each region.
- The annual design and rollout of sales compensation plans for the global sales.
- The design and use of sales performance reports throughout the sales organization, including public scorecards (leaderboards) used to promote excellence within the organization.
- Assist in the management the use of global sales budgets
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
Sales systems and process
- In conjunction with sales leadership, coordinate the ongoing definition and refinement of the JADAK Sales process, incorporating best practices acquired from inside and outside the global sales organization.
- Lead the design and use of key sales systems, including CRM, sales compensation, and future tools.
- Drive improved sales data quality by representing the global sales organization in cross-functional initiatives involving IT, marketing, GSI, and other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the sales leadership, assist sales in the forecasting and pipeline management processes, including the development of globally consistent reports and metrics from CRM.
- Help drive increased sales rep selling time by working with sales managers, inside sales, customer service and other stakeholders to improve internal workflows and support systems.
Business Planning & Analytics
- Coordinate with sales leadership in the preparation of annual plans, sales territories, and quotas.
- Lead the acquisition, design and use of business analytics capabilities including KPI’s that give the global sales organization better insights for planning and ad hoc purposes.
- Working with the marketing team, complete a formalized international market share assessment and competitive analysis.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive OEM sales sales management, or sales data analytics experience; experiencein healthcare or related indusrty a plus.
- Direct experience extracting data using CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce.com).
- Direct experience with engineering / product development processes within large, complex organizations.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft office suite.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% and work in a global team of professionals required.
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.